[SOLVED] 2080 ti fans revving a lot

raije

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Hi, recently my gigabyte 2080 ti xtreme has been spooling its fans up to 4k rpm during games. it'll sit at around 2k and then spool up for 4k for a few seconds. it'll do this constantly and its utterly infuriating and annoying.
here's the kicker, i downloaded msi afterburner and set the fans to 80% manually in hopes to avoid the up and down spooling as the temp isnt that bad. the fan will sit at 80% but then after a few seconds it will start revving up and down again from 2k to 4k and so on.
also another weird thing, setting the fan speed to 100% in msi afterburner puts the fan speed to 2800rpm. how is it automatically firing up to 4000rpm on its own if that's above the max?
what's going on? how can i fix this?

thank you

Last edited:
Solution
https://www.aorus.com/GV-N208TAORUS-X-11GC
Please note:
You can only update to a VBIOS version of the same series. Visual C++2008 is required for this BIOS flash.
If your VBIOS version is:
F1, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F2-F9.
F10, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F11-F19.
F20, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F21-F29.
Gpu-Z should help you identify which vbios you're currently on.

Is that your exact gpu? If not, find the product page for it.
There is a vbios update that is supposed to address this issue, assuming there isn't something else...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.aorus.com/GV-N208TAORUS-X-11GC
Please note:
You can only update to a VBIOS version of the same series. Visual C++2008 is required for this BIOS flash.
If your VBIOS version is:
F1, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F2-F9.
F10, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F11-F19.
F20, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F21-F29.
Gpu-Z should help you identify which vbios you're currently on.

Is that your exact gpu? If not, find the product page for it.
There is a vbios update that is supposed to address this issue, assuming there isn't something else going on.

Solution