[SOLVED] 2080 ti FE 1 long, 3 short beeps new GPU

Oct 25, 2018
Just got my new 2080ti fe and when i try and boot my pc my mobo does not detect the new gpu. I'm switching from 2* RX480s
Mobo: Asus Rampage ii Extreme
CPU: Intel i7 950 3.06GHz LGA1366
GPU: Nvidia 2080 ti FE
PSU: cooler master Silent Pro M1000W 80 Plus
I've ran DDU to uninstall all the old amd drivers, switched pcie slots, changed power cords to gpu, cleared cmos, and still getting long beep and 3 short beeps with new card, but when i switch back to one rx480 i'm able to boot fine and/or get to bios.
Thank you in advance for any help or info!

Solution
You could try to download the Nvidia drivers for the GPU prior to installing the card. IF that doesn't work then you have two possibilities. Either the board is not compatible or the card is DOA and you need to return it. Try testing the card in another PC
Oct 25, 2018

Thanks for the info, just updated Bios from Version 1704 to 2101. still getting same beep error with the 2080, but still works with rx480.

Jwpanz

Honorable
You could try to download the Nvidia drivers for the GPU prior to installing the card. IF that doesn't work then you have two possibilities. Either the board is not compatible or the card is DOA and you need to return it. Try testing the card in another PC

Solution
Oct 25, 2018

tried it on a different pc that was used as a server, and it booted just fine. I'll try re loading the drivers if i can. Maybe my mobo is just to old T_T

Thank for the help!