[SOLVED] 2080 Ti Struggling with Particle effects?

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
I bought a cyberpower pc recently. I was too lazy to build and at the time, the 3900x was in shortage and I figured it would interesting to try a prebuilt system knowing there would be some shortcomings. Over the build was surprising okay, but my main issue is with my GPU.

As a 2080 ti. The brand is MSI and it has aero cooling. It took me a while but eventually i found the site on the CHINESE msi site. Not looking to good. I figured its a cheaper model ti. When running benchmarks it holds up very good frames at 4k consistently. But I have noticed where it fails. Particularly in the particle effects. Smoke, sparkles, little details like that. I was playing HEARTHSTONE, the card game and the card animation was slugging the game. BADLY. Worse that my 1080 founders edition.

I checked for geforce drivers and found nothing. I look for windows updates. I don't know whether I am missing software or its my GPU? I'm blessed to have it run so well at higher resolutions but this particle effect issue is killing me. Any advice?

Solution
Likely more an issue of drivers/new hardware, where something did not quite go right in the upgrade, as a legit 2080TI is quite a bit faster in everything than a 1080. (Performance decreasing in any fashion clearly tells you something got botched...

Did you install the appropriate driver package for 2080-series cards? One thing's for sure, you can't just change the card , reboot, let the default MS-installed driver suffice, and hope it all works out :)
Likely more an issue of drivers/new hardware, where something did not quite go right in the upgrade, as a legit 2080TI is quite a bit faster in everything than a 1080. (Performance decreasing in any fashion clearly tells you something got botched...

Did you install the appropriate driver package for 2080-series cards? One thing's for sure, you can't just change the card , reboot, let the default MS-installed driver suffice, and hope it all works out :)

Solution