[SOLVED] 2080Ti Switch from Water Block to Air Cooler

Oct 8, 2021
Hello,

I have hit something of a wall with my Aorus Xtreme 2080Ti and I would very much appreciate some ideas. Also I bought the card from a friend and long story short, Aorus will not allow a warranty on the card. On to the issue:

The card came from the factory with an AiO cooler, which has now failed. I've replaced said AiO cooler with a used Aorus 2080Ti fan cooler. My problem is that the new fan cooler (3 overlapping fan deal) is not spinning. I have tried updating drivers with GeForce Experience, adjusting fan curve in MSI Afterburner and running tasks to get the GPU all the way to 80c before throttling back. Nothing has caused the fans to spin.

The original AiO cooler had fans built into the radiator and one fan shared a plug with the pump on a 4 pin header. The other fan had it's own 4 pin header. My air cooler has a plug for the 12 pin header, and no way to use those 4 pin units.

How can I tell the GPU to push fan voltage to the 12 pin header, and not the two 4 pin spots?

Oct 18, 2021
I have a RX 580 8GB ran fine until this month maybe last week. Now it black screens and i can not undervolt it anything using radeon tuning or msi afterburner. i know how to fix it but amd made it impossible now. I also mention this is labtop heating was never an issue when msi is up to check for temps befor it black screens its around 140 to 150 F gpu temp also with hp cool sense on. i know how to fix it reduce voltage little bits at a time and memory. Im never buying a amd GPU for my future tower build. also RX 580 8gb currently sells for an average $600 this is big deal for all of us for such old cards to cost that much new or used. majority of us cant afford to just replace one. they need to stop changing everyones GPU specific drivers from their manufactured bench tests and they dont even do actual gaming stress tests.