[SOLVED] 24, 20, 14, and 4 pin connectors?!? Help please!

Solution
Most do, yes. They are actually on the same cable, but are sort of a split connector. They can be used for both 4-pin headers and 8-pin headers that way.

See if one of the 2 hard-wired PSU cables look something like this.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The connector/cable you hold in your hand in the photo does not go to the 4-pin header. That adapter is for the 14-pin MB header. The PSU's regular CPU power connector should work on the 4-pin CPU header. What PC are you using? A Lenovo, HP,?

Or am I not understanding your question?

tom5577

Prominent
May 29, 2019
The connector/cable you hold in your hand in the photo does not go to the 4-pin header. That adapter is for the 14-pin MB header. The PSU's regular CPU power connector should work on the 4-pin CPU header. What PC are you using? A Lenovo, HP,?

Or am I not understanding your question?
Hey there! Thanks for the your quick reply. First off, it is a crappy lenovo pc 😂. Second, I do know that the cable in my hands doesn't go in 4 pin header. I am just wondering what DOES go there! All 24 pins from the psu would go into that adapter leaving nothing to put in the 4 pin slot if I am understanding that right.

tom5577

Prominent
May 29, 2019
As you suspect, the adapter allows you to power the motherboard 14-pin(?) header from the PSU's 24-pin cable/connector.

The 4-pin CPU header on the board should accept half of the PSU's 4+4 pin cable/connector w/o need of an adapter.
So the psu has 2 4 pin connectors??

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Most do, yes. They are actually on the same cable, but are sort of a split connector. They can be used for both 4-pin headers and 8-pin headers that way.

See if one of the 2 hard-wired PSU cables look something like this.

Solution