24" or 27" display for gaming

May 30, 2018
Hy i'm searching for a cheap gaming display.

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin? : Belgium

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? Gaming, Movie watching, PCB design

3. What resolution and screen size do you want? 1080p, 24"ish or 27"

4. What refresh rate do you want? : 75 at minimum, idk how much i really need, atm on my 1080p MSI gaming laptop i get around 90 FPS in my favorite game (WOT on ultra)

5. How much are you looking to spend? 500 € for both max

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. ) N/A

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why) N/A

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor? 2

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable? :
I'm not entirly sure, running a GTX1060

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc). : HDMI or mini displayport

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display? : Primary, and secondary

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop? well, sort of.

i'm a pretty frequent gamer and both screens wil be on a wallmount at around eye height dead center. I see my self as an amature gamer althought i am pretty good in WOT. I would like to have 2 screens with a good body to screen ratio but i don't mind if my second display is 60Hz because it will only be used for work stuff. I don know if i need a 144 Hz display so that's why i came here

Thnx for the help

May 30, 2018
yeah ATM i have 2 second hand 24" displays with inch thick bezels zo yeah, why would yoou take the curved ones?

and also how easy is it to return someting to newegg if there is something wrong with it?

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
This will sound rather dumb but I've played games like cs:go and bf1 on a friend's curved monitor. And while you hardly notice it when not in a game. While in a game it sorta feels like it adds more depth opposed to looking at a flat LCD.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Ideal screen size is based on how close to the screen you are going to sit; you want the edges of the screen just in your central area of vision, so you are not looking back and forth across the screen too much.

With curved screens there is an extra consideration; the idea is that each part of the screen is the same distance away from you; this distance is dictated by the size and curvature of the screen.

For my 27" Acer, this is about 80-85cm.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016

If you play shoot-em-ups, an ultra-wide is not ideal, too wide to see everything without moving your centre of attention; however if you play sim racing or flight games, or do a lot of productivity stuff, an ultra-wide makes sense.