Question 24-pin cable doesnt go all the way in, especially at the side without the 4 pin ?

Oct 3, 2020
My motherboards power connector doesn't go all the way in so i have to plug it in again every morning (actually even touching the cable a bit is enough.) Have you had similar issue and know the cause? Maybe just because i'm inexperienced. I tried with a very old psu and motherboard and its butter smooth plugging in and out and its easy.

Lutfij

Titan
Man up and push that connector all the way in!
:D

Jokes aside, yes you have to push it all the way in. It's very rare that the 24pin connector for the board or the PSU don't want to co-operate with each other since they are all made to a standard, a standard that has been that way for the past 20 years(since I've been building system's).

That being said, might want to parse your full system's specs and then some images of the issue you're facing with the 24pinc onnector.

Oct 3, 2020
I tried pushing again, didnt work, and the gpu doesnt work too either ( maybe it slipped out of the socket as i pressed the board) i will try to get it up again, if it doesnt work there is biig trouble.

Oct 3, 2020
Was it working before? Was the plug slipping out of that one too? You're all over the place in this thread! Power connectors slipping in and out while things are running is dangerous to the components.
It was working before i tried to push the motherboard cable better .

GPU cable used to slip out before but overnight, a replug fixed that and passed the curse to the motherboard.

Yeah, stress and worrying does that, sorry.

I plugged the psu's wall adapter while the psu was at condition"on" (the I shape), and heard noise like you'd hear when you plug anything to the wall. Maybe stuff got fried during but why only gpu, as everything else works fine?