[SOLVED] 24 Pin Connector won't fit

Jan 17, 2021
For some reason, my 24 pin connector won't fit into the motherboard. The only reason I can see for this is the pin shapes don't line up. If you look closely at the connector, there are two types of pins, square pin, and a more circular one. The problem is, no matter which way you rotate the both the 20 pin part and the 4 pin part, you can't get the shapes on the motherboard and the connector to line up. I've never had this problem building a PC before. I have a Gigabyte Aurorus Elite V2 B450 and EVGA 800w BQ.

Solution
For some reason, my 24 pin connector won't fit into the motherboard. The only reason I can see for this is the pin shapes don't line up. If you look closely at the connector, there are two types of pins, square pin, and a more circular one. The problem is, no matter which way you rotate the both the 20 pin part and the 4 pin part, you can't get the shapes on the motherboard and the connector to line up. I've never had this problem building a PC before. I have a Gigabyte Aurorus Elite V2 B450 and EVGA 800w BQ.
Both are quote standard.
On the PSU cable connector there's a plastic tab with a matching place on the MB connector, that's sure sign for alignment for 20 pin. 4 pin has definite place to fit to the end of 20 pin, can go...
Both are quote standard.
On the PSU cable connector there's a plastic tab with a matching place on the MB connector, that's sure sign for alignment for 20 pin. 4 pin has definite place to fit to the end of 20 pin, can go only one way.

Solution