[SOLVED] 24 pin power connector damaged after trying to unplug the 24 pin power cable?

rodres268

Reputable
Feb 7, 2019
Hello, I have a MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI motherboard and a XPG Core Reactor 850W PSU. I had to update my MOBO BIOS for the support on ryzen 5000 series CPUs. After the flash update with USB, I tried to unplug the 24 pin power cable from the MOBO, but it was very tight, after 2 minutes I gave up and decided to install the motherboard (it already has CPU, RAM and SSD installed) to the case with the 24 pin cable attached to the motherboard, but before that I noticed that the 24 pin power connector from the motherboard (that black thing attached to the motherboard where the 24 power cable goes) was a litle bit inclined to the right and the left side had a very little space between the connector and motherboard, I tried to check it by passing a paper sheet between the motherabord and the left side of the connector, and a little bit of paper passed down the connector, the other side was alright, it didn't let the paper sheet to pass between the motherboard and connector. After this I just pushed down the left side of the connector, and the paper still passes between the connector and motherboard. Anyone had a problem like that? I'm still building the PC. All because the 24 cable was very tight.
Image of the left side of the connector, notice the paper between the connector and motherboard, the right side doesn't have this problem:
View: https://imgur.com/a/4KjbJR1

Solution
If you've pushed the connector all the way down applying even pressure on both sides, then it should sit flush with the connection on the motherboard. You should also see that the latch is secured in pace and won't allow the connector to pop off.

Lutfij

Titan
If you've pushed the connector all the way down applying even pressure on both sides, then it should sit flush with the connection on the motherboard. You should also see that the latch is secured in pace and won't allow the connector to pop off.

Solution