Info 2666Mhz to 3600Mhz? No problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Have some cheaper Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz C16 1.2v 16GBx2 sticks. In my Asus BIOS, I set the timings and voltage to match the timings of LPX 3600Mhz C18 1.35v RAM, and works no problem. If I had know this was so easy I would've saved more money and started with 2133Mhz kit! Thank you to Corsair for listing all the times so conviniently on their website.

Paul

(to the mod that deleted my replies to the other thread, I always try to add my comments to a relevant already existing discussion before generating a new post. This helps people find things, such as when they google 1.2v and 1.35v and such, they get led to a post that has OP and responses, instead of just the OP topic you locked and not this useful response to that topic)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
That's luck of the draw, not something that can be universally done, nor should RAM overclocking be done in such a blunt manner. That you advise simply throwing in 2133 MHz-rated RAM and just setting it to 3600 MHz, with no mention of proper overclocking procedure and testing, is neither useful as a reference nor responsible advice to many people who may be new to the concept. Your belief that 2666 MHz RAM, let alone 2133 MHz RAM, will easily get to 3600 MHz is misleading at best, dangerous at worst to an inexperienced user.

To compound the problem, even if that post had been useful, the thread wasn't even a question about how to overclock, so it wasn't helpful in any case.

While I'm not the one who removed your comments, I would have done the same thing. If something's meant as a stickied thread or a tutorial, it will be labeled as such. If you continue to provide "helpful" comments to threads from years ago, you will find the posts deleted and your account subject to restrictions.

For anyone who searches for information on how to overclock, we have multiple, detailed tutorials on responsibly overclocking RAM.

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/overclock-ddr5-ram

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.