27" IPS Panels

GreenBaconPirate

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
So i've been looking around because I'm planning to buy a monitor. My budget is around 200-250$ I want a 24" or 27" monitor than I can game smoothly. After quite some time, I learned about the korean cheap displays that can be overclocked like the Yamakasi Catleap.

So my main question is, are these monitors worth it? Can I game with them normally without any delay? If not, can you recommend me a 24"-27" display under my budget?

My GPU is a Gigabyte GTX970 G1

Solution
Hello... I don't recommend getting those Korean models, I have never had any experience with any of those monitors, but some of my friends were badly disappointed by their quality, they say it is like sacrificing quality for resolution since they provide cheap 1440p monitors, and it figures they are cheap for a reason...
27 inch 1080p will be a little blurry, for 27 inch is too big for 1080p as a monitor the result is stretched pictures and extra jaggies which are not welcome , besides, bear in mind IPS glow is atrocious at this size, since the monitor is wider, so off angle viewing will be worse, so forget about 27 inch
My recommendations is this one... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236310
It is a nice...

Sam_212

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
Hello... I don't recommend getting those Korean models, I have never had any experience with any of those monitors, but some of my friends were badly disappointed by their quality, they say it is like sacrificing quality for resolution since they provide cheap 1440p monitors, and it figures they are cheap for a reason...
27 inch 1080p will be a little blurry, for 27 inch is too big for 1080p as a monitor the result is stretched pictures and extra jaggies which are not welcome , besides, bear in mind IPS glow is atrocious at this size, since the monitor is wider, so off angle viewing will be worse, so forget about 27 inch
My recommendations is this one... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236310
It is a nice monitor to be honest I loved it, now there are some dell 24 inch models, that I have heard are really good, I have never been a dell guy so I don't know their models
2:

Solution

Sam_212

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
but before you get that monitor I gotta warn you about static contrast ratio of ips panels, if you play in a well-lit room, or play bright games, you will be fine, if you play in a very dark room and dark games, do not get an IPS monitor instead get an AMVA+ panel, it is almost as good as ips in terms of viewing angels, and with excellent static contrast ratio you will really enjoy games in dark rooms as well as bright rooms, for this panel I recommend you buy
Benq gw2450