Question 2700X too hot !

Ekkin0x

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
Hello ! (sorry if my english is trash tier!).

Just finished to install my 2700X and the temp vacillate between 55-65-70 in IDDLE (going up if I watch a video or a stream or if I open Chrome). While it's between 75-85 in games.

The CPU is at 5% of use.

Thermal paste is well applied (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut). The CPU fan is working too. Temperature of my room is at 20°+ but I don't think that'll change something.

Here's my setup :

2700X (Wraith prism for cooler)

B450 TUF GAMING PLUS

RX 480

16 GO Corsair vengeance

And the case : Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB (Not good air flowing but good enough for my last CPU Intel I5 4670K with air cooling).

(Sorry it's in french but since you have the software, you'll be able to translate it!).
Here's a screen from RYZEN MASTER, as you can see, I'm at 61°C. And 97% with the EDC (Balanced mod). (all that in Iddle with only Chrome and Discord open).
AMD_Ryzen_Master_T2iK0Ne61x.png

I tried everything (Not a W10 reset but if you can't find something, I'll try it!)# but can't seem to find an answer to lower the temps :/

Can you guys help me ?

Thanks a lot!

Ekkin0x.

tsibiski

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
The Wraith Prism is inadequate for any usage that involves gaming or heavy CPU workloads. Simply buy a Noctua or Sycythe fan that has clearance for the case. Get the largest one that still fits and does not restrict airflow. I got an AIO (Thermaltake Rgb 3.0) for my 3900x and my idle went from nearly 60 C to 32 C instantly. A Noctua or Sycythe air fan won't be as dramatic a change as an AIO, but it would be plenty sufficient and close enough for your Ryzen 2700.

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
Hello ! (sorry if my english is trash tier!).

Just finished to install my 2700X and the temp vacillate between 55-65-70 in IDDLE (going up if I watch a video or a stream or if I open Chrome). While it's between 75-85 in games.

The CPU is at 5% of use.

Thermal paste is well applied (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut). The CPU fan is working too. Temperature of my room is at 20°+ but I don't think that'll change something.

Here's my setup :

2700X (Wraith prism for cooler)

B450 TUF GAMING PLUS

RX 480

16 GO Corsair vengeance

And the case : Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB (Not good air flowing but good enough for my last CPU Intel I5 4670K with air cooling).

(Sorry it's in french but since you have the software, you'll be able to translate it!).
Here's a screen from RYZEN MASTER, as you can see, I'm at 61°C. And 97% with the EDC (Balanced mod). (all that in Iddle with only Chrome and Discord open).
AMD_Ryzen_Master_T2iK0Ne61x.png

I tried everything (Not a W10 reset but if you can't find something, I'll try it!)# but can't seem to find an answer to lower the temps :/

Can you guys help me ?

Thanks a lot!

Ekkin0x.
do you have "amd ryzen balance" installed. if so go to. ot(in power settings),then click change power settings, and then click "processor power management", and then click "minimum power state",and reduce it from "90%" to "5%".. and see if that lowers the "Temperature and EDC". this just makes sure that your processor is not running near to maximum all the time. you can always raise the "%" to one suited to you. and back to "90%" when you get another heatsink cooler. like the ones other people mentioned. i myself have the ryzen 7 2700x, and i have it at 90% and im running an AIO cooler (240mm version)