Question 2FA auto-approve utility for Windows ?

enkidoe

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Anyone who knows if a utility exists that auto-approves the 2FA requirement ? Now i have to use the app on my smartphone everytime, i am looking for a Desktop alternative for Windows 10 .

Many thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't see any that will automatically fill in the spaces for you, most are just for generating the keys

some of these are for windows - https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-two-factor-authentication-app/

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Wondering about the requirement.....

I understand the problem(s) regarding not having a cell phone in order to authenticate access/sign-in.

However, you do not really want to have any sort of authentication be "automatic" where access could be granted and you may know nothing about what has transpired: Someone accessed your account and was automatically authenticated, gained access, then had the proverbial "keys to the kingdom".

Perhaps I am missing something here or otherwise misunderstanding the questions.

Still feel that I would be remiss if I do not at least "say something".... No harm, no foul.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You should only need to use codes once a month (unless system hates you). Its the price you pay for using 2FA. I have it on 4 accounts so far, Google wants me to set it up on my account as well but so far I haven't bought anything off store so no need.

If every site starts wanting it, I can see a use for auto but its not very secure.

D

Deleted member 14196

You’re defeating the whole purpose of 2 FA

Than anybody who gets to your computer could authenticate and get in I think it’s a horrible idea. It’s supposed to be going to something like your phone because no one else will have your phone

Basically you may as well have no authentication at all. Like I said it’s a horrible idea a very stupid thing to do

USAFRet

Titan
You should only need to use codes once a month (unless system hates you). Its the price you pay for using 2FA. I have it on 4 accounts so far, Google wants me to set it up on my account as well but so far I haven't bought anything off store so no need.

If every site starts wanting it, I can see a use for auto but its not very secure.
I believe hes talking about the recent Windows thing, where you are authenticated via your phone and not a password when you "log in".

TRENDING THREADS