Question 2nd monitor doesn't turn on at startup

Nimda672

Reputable
May 29, 2021
I have two monitors connected to my PC. When I turn on my PC, the second monitor doesn't turn on, even though I'm sure that the adapter is working fine. And it doesn't seem to be a software or hardware issue either. However, when I unplug and plug it in the adapter again, the monitor starts to work. What could be the issue here?

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
I have two monitors connected to my PC. When I turn on my PC, the second monitor doesn't turn on, even though I'm sure that the adapter is working fine. And it doesn't seem to be a software or hardware issue either. However, when I unplug and plug it in the adapter again, the monitor starts to work. What could be the issue here?
what are the 2 monitors you have, what graphics card do you have and what cables do you use to connect them to the card

Nimda672

Reputable
May 29, 2021
what are the 2 monitors you have, what graphics card do you have and what cables do you use to connect them to the card
One monitor is from xiaomi g24 and another is from samsung( can't remember the model). I used a hdmi cable to plug in the xiaomi monitor and a dp to vga adpater to connect the samsung one (the problem seems to be on the samsung one)