2PC setup network through cross cable issues!

Aug 21, 2018
Hello, I have 2 PCs setup. Gaming PC with wifi connected to internet and Streaming PC (SPC) connected to the Gaming PC (GPC) with the cross cable (1Gb). From time to time I'm having trouble to get SPC to connect to the internet. In the beginning, I had all the LAN cards settings on auto. This sometimes worked and sometimes not. I found that if I bridge LAN and wifi cards on the GPC and then unbridge - SPC will connect to the internet (sic!). However, I need to have static IPs on both computers to enable VBAN. I set IP addresses on both LAN cards and was able to get the internet on the SPC but download speeds are down from 100Mbits to 2-4Mbits.

Can someone please help me sort this once for all?

Thank you very much,

Edit: someone recommended to buy switch and connect both pc to it. Set IPs to 10.0.0.1 /2 and 255.0.0.0 and leave default gateway blank. Done it but my SPC still doesn't connect to the internet :( when I run troubleshooting it says that DHCP is switched off. When I switch on it just change IP to automatic (obviously). It connects to the internet but the download speed is throttled. I need static IP anyway for Vban to work... what I'm doing wrong?

Solution
you need to create a virtual bridge and add in the wifi adapter and the nic. switch isn't needed.

if the wifi is setup with a dhcp server it will provide ips to both pcs once bridged properly. keep dhcp turned on for each one if this is the case. configure a fixed lease from your dhcp server. this is easier than a static.
Aug 21, 2018

Aug 21, 2018
Well I have setup wifi card on the GPC to share the Internet. The problem I have now is that for some reason I cannot have static IP on both Ethernet cards. I managed to get the Internet working on the SPC when using DHCP. But even then downloads speed is only 2-4MBits ( upload speeds are not affected):( also I'm using Voicemeeter Vban to use mic on both computers- for that I need to have static IPS:(

Aug 21, 2018

Will try this later on today and report back. Thank you for your time!

you need to create a virtual bridge and add in the wifi adapter and the nic. switch isn't needed.

if the wifi is setup with a dhcp server it will provide ips to both pcs once bridged properly. keep dhcp turned on for each one if this is the case. configure a fixed lease from your dhcp server. this is easier than a static.

Solution