[SOLVED] 2x Molex to 6 pin for RX 560 is it safe ?

Realtrooper

Prominent
Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone.

I recently build my pc but i came a cross a problem with my GPU because its need 6 pin connector but i dont have one. I did see on this forum that its not ideal but my rig is not that power hungry here is my specs I3 3225 xfx rx 560 8gb ram 350 w PSU
So my question is it safe to use on rx560 because peak power consumption is 100-110 watt and pci-e draws 75 watt and other 25-35 watt comes from 2x molex to 6 pin so is it safe for me ?

Solution
sry my question was about the 2x molex to six pin adaptor if it was not recomended but is available on amazon. If the question was about the psu being 350w or an absolut answer and didn't think it would justify opening another thread. my bad. Won't happen again. Second an last post in the forum.

Well it didn't turn out to be your second and last, you went on to make a 3rd one :ROFLMAO:;)

If you want an absolute answer, and this goes for the OP too, basic rule of thumb is that if it doesn't have the connectors you need for your hardware, it wasn't designed to run that piece of hardware. Make of that what you will.
Apr 6, 2020
hum, this interest me as well since i'm upgrading my graphic to a rx 480 since i only play cs source and now going to use on my pc for cs go and i have a 500w psu that i bough a couple of years ago for about 35€, nothing fancy. System is a asus prime x470, ryzem 3600, 16gb ram @3200

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
hum, this interest me as well since i'm upgrading my graphic to a rx 480 since i only play cs source and now going to use on my pc for cs go and i have a 500w psu that i bough a couple of years ago for about 35€, nothing fancy. System is a asus prime x470, ryzem 3600, 16gb ram @3200

Please don't hijack other people's threads. If you have a question, start your own thread with your specs and budget (and specs includes exact PSU, not "500W PSU").

Apr 6, 2020
Please don't hijack other people's threads. If you have a question, start your own thread with your specs and budget (and specs includes exact PSU, not "500W PSU").
sry my question was about the 2x molex to six pin adaptor if it was not recomended but is available on amazon. If the question was about the psu being 350w or an absolut answer and didn't think it would justify opening another thread. my bad. Won't happen again. Second an last post in the forum.

Well it didn't turn out to be your second and last, you went on to make a 3rd one :ROFLMAO:;)

If you want an absolute answer, and this goes for the OP too, basic rule of thumb is that if it doesn't have the connectors you need for your hardware, it wasn't designed to run that piece of hardware. Make of that what you will.

Solution