Question 2x4090 or 1xa6000 and 3x4090 or 1x6000 ada generation?

Aug 14, 2024
Hey guys, I'm trying to build a 3d render and animation pc and from what I understand RTX provides better value and performance. So should I build multiple RTX instead of 1 quadro and if so what cpu should I pair it with? So far I have looking at not-too-expensive and efficient AMD like ryzen threadripper 7970x,7980x and ryzen threadripper pro 7965wx and those seems alright. What about Intel cpu though? The xeon I have only seen people build with it for server or AI, does xeon have anything that helps with render and animation? Any help would really be appreciated!

Aug 14, 2024
Hey guys, I'm trying to build a 3d render and animation PC and from what I understand, a higher core and thread count provides better value and performance. So far I have been looking at not-too-expensive and efficient AMD CPU that I can pair with two or three 4090 GPUs, such as a Ryzen Threadripper 7970X, 7980X and Ryzen Threadripper Pro 7965WX and those seem alright.

Do you guys know a better choice with AMD CPUs? And what about Intel CPUs though? The Xeon I have only seen people use it it for a server build or AI. Does the Xeon have anything that helps with rendering and animation?

Any help would really be appreciated!

Last edited:
Here is the Pugeot systems benchmark:

Look at hardware recommendations for the softwares that you use.

Reactions: Autumn Sylvie
Aug 14, 2024
Here is the Pugeot systems benchmark:

Look at hardware recommendations for the softwares that you use.
Thank you for your insight! I have checked the links and it seems like threadripper pro 7975wx and threadripper 7970x is a good choice for me. Though the price gap is 50% more expensive on the 7975wx but it only has extra pcie 5 lanes and an extra 1TB of max memory compare to 7970x(which I'm definitely not gonna need more than 1TB), and the rest of the specs are identical. Do you think the pcie lanes are worth it and is there something else I miss that's gonna justify the price gap?

Aug 14, 2024
What development tools do you intend to use? Is this for professional or personal use?
I plan to use Autodesk Maya, Blender,3ds Max, Zbrush with Unity and Unreal engine. Sometimes I will use Adobe After effect , Illustrator and Photoshop as welI. I plan to build professional so it would be future proof for at least 6,7 years and still be efficient enough in the late future.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2024
Not really what I meant. Will you be using this system to earn a living? Or, is this a hobby/something you want to get in to?

What you have described is going to be very expensive. Are you going to have someone build it for you or do yourself?
Yeah I will use this to earn a living. And I do this myself so I'm trying to get as many opinions and get as detail as possible.

Aug 14, 2024
Not really what I meant. Will you be using this system to earn a living? Or, is this a hobby/something you want to get in to?

What you have described is going to be very expensive. Are you going to have someone build it for you or do yourself?
With the system I assume it will be something like 10, 11k (I only have done the pricing on cpu , gpu and motherboard tho). With the threadripper 7870x and trx50 mother board will be like 3.1k, 2x4090 will be another 4.5k.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
So I assume you have a total budget in mind. To get full recommendations for a build we need to know a few things:

Aug 14, 2024
So I assume you have a total budget in mind. To get full recommendations for a build we need to know a few things:

Do I have to repost it as a whole or just reply all of it to you