[SOLVED] 2x8 Adata XPG D50 3600mhz not working 3200mhz

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
i have a b450 steel legend with 2.50 bios
and a ryzen 5 2600
i used to make the ram work on 3200mhz all the time and now i can't exceed the 2933mhz
i try enabling xmp profile 2 that is set on 3200mhz and the pc just restarts a couple of times and then opens with 2667mhz
any solution?

Solution
Try to update bios to the latest (dw it's safe to do, my friend is currently on the latest bios and running a R5 2600.) and try to set the 3200mhz xmp profile. Make sure the ram is seated at slot 2 and 4 before performing bios update and turning the xmp profile after update. Here's my friends timing for 3200mhz @The Latest bios on R5 2600:
unknown.png
Try to update bios to the latest (dw it's safe to do, my friend is currently on the latest bios and running a R5 2600.) and try to set the 3200mhz xmp profile. Make sure the ram is seated at slot 2 and 4 before performing bios update and turning the xmp profile after update. Here's my friends timing for 3200mhz @The Latest bios on R5 2600:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
sorry for the late reply.
i had my ram on slot 2 and 4 and the pc crashes on memtest and playing etc.
so then from like 2weeks i installed them on 1 and 3 and they're working fine but can't reach 3200mhz
so when i was on the 2 and 4 i was getting 3200mhz back in the day

and i don't know if it's safe or not to update bios to the latest cause there's a caution (Asrock do Not recommed updating this bios on pinnancle)

sorry for the late reply.
i had my ram on slot 2 and 4 and the pc crashes on memtest and playing etc.
so then from like 2weeks i installed them on 1 and 3 and they're working fine but can't reach 3200mhz
so when i was on the 2 and 4 i was getting 3200mhz back in the day

and i don't know if it's safe or not to update bios to the latest cause there's a caution (Asrock do Not recommed updating this bios on pinnancle)
Well asrock always do the warning, but it never affects the cpu support.

My friend did update to the latest bios on the same motherboard, same cpu like yours, so it's safe to do so. It's unknown why mostly, yet most of manufacturer keep releasing the latest agesa without any warning. My friend said that he could overclock more stable than usual in the latest bios, so why dont give it a try :D

*also try the timing that i gave to you, it could lower the intercore latency if you downlclock manually the speed to 3200mhz while activating xmp without changing the timings.

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
alright I'll give it a try updating bios
and i wonder if you could tell me about my problem (slot 2 and 4 makes ram crashes)
and is it okay to update using 1 and 3 slot?
+I'm not sure about handling timings in bios but I'll try

and i wonder if you could tell me about my problem (slot 2 and 4 makes ram crashes)
and is it okay to update using 1 and 3 slot?
sometimes it's becasue firmware, somtimes hardware, XMP profile never guranteed to work 100%, i had 2 friends with the same setup but different rams, first one that i told you that updating the bios made some stability on OC, which he never done before, the 2nd one is using 3000mhz ram, almost the same as yours, but he cant even do XMP, until he decided to flash the latestt bios after my friend said so, and boom, 3000mhz all time.

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
i installed latest bios and tried enabling xmp and again the pc just opens then closes multiple times and return to 2667mhz
so should i go to the store to check it there?
(ram is intalled on 1 and 3 cause like i said 2 and 4 makes pc crash)

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
I'm glad your CPU is still working with the latest bios. I'm not sure it was sound advice to suggest you ignore the warning against installing the latest bios with your older CPU. With the release of the 5000 series CPU's the motherboard manufacturers had to remove support for 1st and 2nd generation CPU's in the bios of many of their motherboards to make room for the new CPU's. You may have limited support for your CPU. I'd suggest sticking with the latest bios they suggest, Especially if the latest bios didn't fix the problem.

Won't advice either if my friend didn't test about it. currently most B450 motherboard on the latest agesa is fine, as i see from msi, gigabyte, and some other brands.

i've already discussed with 4 of my friends that that decided to still using 2600 untill 5600x or 5600g came down like 2600, and they're sucessfully updated the latest agesa 1.2.0.3 patch C on their respectives mobos, still working. we wonder why asrock still warn their user while other brand's not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

If it’s failing on memtest then it’s bad ram. Even one failure and this could explain why you can’t reach decent speeds

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
i have a D50 XPG 3600mhz and i tried it in the store on a b450 steel legend like mine and worked fine
but on mine it doesn't
that's why i think the ram slot is the problem

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
now tried booting memtest86 and won't boot
so I'm running the windows memory diagnostic tool and the test found hardware problems and idk if that is wrong with the ram or the slot..

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
went to the store yesterday and we did a couple of tests and tried using different ram kit on 3200mhz on 1 and 3 slot and same the pc restarts couple of times but on 2 and 4 it worked ok with no issues on 3200mhz but when i use it on 3200mhz it crashes my pc very often but on 2933mhz it doesn't
so I'm on 2 and 4 rn and working on 2933 with no crashes but on 3200mhz crashes
they said to me that dual channel must be on 2 and 4 (is that even a thing?) and that the 2XXX series supports maximum 2933mhz and that's right actually but I've seen many many people use 3200mhz...so I'm just setting here sad and confused

they said to me that dual channel must be on 2 and 4 (is that even a thing?) and that the 2XXX series supports maximum 2933mhz and that's right actually but I've seen many many people use 3200mhz...so I'm just setting here sad and confused
it's just between the IMC or the Motherboard itself, somtimes weak imc couldn't lift up to 3200mhz. If you bring the motherboard and cpu to the store and test the kits and try with the store 2600 if they have spare, and it could lift to 3200mhz, then your 2600 have a weak imc to lift more than 2933.

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
we tried using different ram on my build and worked and mine also worked while testing with aida64 ln 3200mhz
i really dunno wtf is going on
my cousin have r5 3600 which supports 3200mhz so I'll try my kit on his build

Doritkov

Prominent
Jul 29, 2021
I'm actually still confused about what the store said (dual channel only works on 2 and 4 not 1 and 3 xD)
like i searched everywhere and nothing proofs that this is a true thing
idk what to do still checking my cousin.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Slot 1 and 2 are 1 channel, slot 3 and 4 is the second channel = dual channel. So in order to utilize dual channel with 2 sticks, you have to put 1 stick in channel 1 and 1 stick in channel 2. Most, if not all, mobo manufacturers recommend slot 2 and 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doritkov