Question 3.5" memory card reader?

Carnaxus

Reputable
Apr 18, 2017
Hey everyone, I've got a rather interesting issue I'm hoping you can help me with. My dad needed a new computer, so I put together a parts list for him; unfortunately, the 3.5" memory card reader I ordered was mislabeled, and is in fact a 5.25" one. I cannot for the life of me find another 3.5" option! Any help anyone can give me would be very much appreciated.

Carnaxus

Reputable
Apr 18, 2017
I do understand that 3.5" hardware is normally internal, but the computer case we chose has an external 3.5" bay (and I didn't even realize that beforehand so I also bought an adapter for the 5.25" bay that takes an ultra-slim disc drive and a 3.5" whatever-you-want). I'm trying to find a card reader that's 3.5" because that's what we have room for, the case only has one 5.25" bay and we need that for a disc drive.

USAFRet

Titan
I do understand that 3.5" hardware is normally internal, but the computer case we chose has an external 3.5" bay (and I didn't even realize that beforehand so I also bought an adapter for the 5.25" bay that takes an ultra-slim disc drive and a 3.5" whatever-you-want). I'm trying to find a card reader that's 3.5" because that's what we have room for, the case only has one 5.25" bay and we need that for a disc drive.
What specific case?