[SOLVED] 3 BSODs in one day , dmp file included.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
thats an error I don't see... ever... top one anyway.

Strange thing is the dates, only 1 on 20th so wonder what became of other 2?

do you use WIFI or ethernet? MBAM may have tripped over older drivers on the 10th
Jul 09 2019rtwlane.sysRealtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS driver
Jun 15 2020e1r68x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

The Wifi is marked as Asus on their website which is annoying but drivers show who really makes it. After a little digging:
Realtek RTL8822be Wave-2 WIFI controller
curiously your drivers are 2 years newer than the ones here -...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/153y6u9p/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:042021-10000-01.dmp (Apr 20 2021 - 09:21:25)
Bugcheck:IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE (4A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Bridge.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

File information:041021-14375-01.dmp (Apr 10 2021 - 08:04:33)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: MBAMService.exe)
Uptime:7 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 38 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-i-gaming-model/
You are using BIOS version 2801. The latest is version 4301. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: tomachas

Colif

Win 11 Master
thats an error I don't see... ever... top one anyway.

Strange thing is the dates, only 1 on 20th so wonder what became of other 2?

do you use WIFI or ethernet? MBAM may have tripped over older drivers on the 10th
Jul 09 2019rtwlane.sysRealtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS driver
Jun 15 2020e1r68x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

The Wifi is marked as Asus on their website which is annoying but drivers show who really makes it. After a little digging:
Realtek RTL8822be Wave-2 WIFI controller
curiously your drivers are 2 years newer than the ones here - https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8822be-software

If you use ethernet, this might find newer - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
it was 12 days ago, maybe a one off.

Solution

tomachas

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
My 3600Xt always within same temp range unless I run stress test
between 36 to 41c. I played a game tonight to see if it would change, it didn't.

what do you use to track temps?

I have to try hard to get it lower than that although I could open window now as its 0c outside. But I don't want to freeze just to get below 30C. At boot today it was 24c so thats pretty good.

Your case is full of Noctua's, its can't be that loud anyway. I want to replace some of my fans with them as the only sound I hear is the case fans.
I use Ryzen Master for now. While browsing CPU temperatures are around 48 C. My room temperature is around 23-24C. I used to get a lot cooler temperatures but don't really know what happened they are higher now. I don't think Noctuas case fan makes noise much , it's rather ambient /silent fan noise which does not bother me at all. What would make a laudable noise is Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 CPU fan when the temperature spike. ( I know it's funny I said it's not NOCTUAs but CPU NOCTUA FAN) They usually spike when I use 3D software such as Blender. Blender also uses CPU for some instances.

Get Noctuas the yare really worth expenditure. If I wanted I could mod my case and fit maybe large CPU fan but to be hones I don't bother. Larger Noctua fans are super quiet by the way.

Back to the temperatures why do you think I get nearly 50 just browsing?

By the way I have updated my BIOS and running my PC without undervolting for now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It seems you can't bold people's names when you mention them.

i guess that would slow the fan down a little. Probably not good for the cable either. Always edge cases, its not a common answer. its likely it was slowing fan enough for it to not do its job, but its back to normal now?

I have a spare Noctua fan now but its 120mm and all of my case fans are 140mm, i bought it for my last PC but never really needed it, I found another answer for it- reduce fan speeds. I don't think i need to replace fans yet, my PC so quiet that I started to hear other noises that may have always been there - its a new PC, I thought every unknown noise was PC out of concern. It doesn't help my PC sits between me and my window. That and rear of case faces me so I get echoes of noises that might not be so bad. My case fans aren't silent but they probably need a clean.

I don't hear any spikes in my PC, the only way I can tell my pc is playing a game is I can hear the GPU fan as it starts running at 70C, I can only ever hear the AIO fans if I change their fan curve or if ambient temps are over 30c (Summer) as the liquid is always going to be about 9c over ambient, so it can't go below that, and the plan starts to run the fans above 1k rpm, then I can hear them over the case fans. I changed the AIO fan plan to 0 rpm a few weeks ago and realised I couldn't tell any difference, meaning they are quieter than the case fans even when they are on.

If I run anything that will stress CPU, I normally swap the fan plan on aio so that the fans run faster to combat the change. That is mainly if i run a benchmark, they only things that make it really hot. Antivirus scans do too but they so fast I just let them run (system scans on my last pc would take 2 hours, now they 20 minutes).

tomachas

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
It was copy paste and apparently not :)

Fan was in fact not moving at all. Not sure how long that was going on but from now on I will regularly check if the cable not stuck again.

I wonder how much 120mm and 140mm differs noise wise but I can tell 90mm is audible a little at high rpm. I have 120mm too in case and can confirm it's fine. I remember I was concerned about GPU coil wine at higher loads only because I was looking for it :) But ever since I don't even notice. Where would you install that 120mm if you go for it and why ? Just curious.

I find fan curve option useful too. I wish my mobo allow more control over each fan as the curve setting is uniform for both fans in my case. At least I have some sort of control.

Colif

Win 11 Master
bigger the fan, the slower it spins.. and should be quieter. I had 3 x 180mm fans in last case and it was only in the last 6 months I thought to reduce their speed. It was a good case, I recall seeing my ssd on 16c once, in winter when it was just new and clean. I never heard the fans a lot as it had sound dampening foam on sides.

I don't have anywhere I would put the 120mm, if anything I have too many 140mm fans in case (3). Once I replace with Noctua I am not putting one of them back in. I could remove now but i am lazy, I been meaning to remove it for 6 months now. Air doesn't stay in my pc for long.

Only fans I can control are on AIO, my case fans aren't pwm so can't do a lot with them. Only the rear one is attached to mb directly, the top 2 run through a fan hub on back.

Reactions: tomachas