Dec 3, 2020
Hello!
I got my new WD blue 4tb today intended for secondary storage and have already gotten some problems.

The first problem that occured was when I tried to initialize the disk and it wouldn't work. I would get 'the operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date'.
I followed the short fixes in the error message but none of them worked so I got tired and went to do other things for a couple of hours.
When I came back, to my suprise, the disk was now online and initialized as GPT as I wanted it for some unknown reason.
So then I tried to add a new simple volume and followed the steps as well as choosing 'quick formatting' to save some time. Yet now here I am 3 hours later and there have been no progress at all. It just says "formatting" and has been doing this since the start.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Dec 3, 2020
Yeah I've heard of that. That's one of the reasons I think something might be wrong. It's still formatting now after some additional 4 hours. Think I'll try using that tool Cheryl spoke of.