thechickenadobo

Reputable
Nov 30, 2018
My PC has been acting up recently. Before (in my previous thread) I had issues with putting my PC to sleep (BSOD upon wake up) and this still happens.

So I've removed all my old HDD and SDD and replaced it with a new one, fresh install of Windows 10 - However I still can't successfully use sleep mode with my PC needing to suddenly restart or shut down.

Now I've been experiencing my PC being extremely slow at times and acting up - most recently my LED strips and the X570 Mobo LEDs were not on when booting up. So I launched Asus Aura Sync and upon attempting to launch, the PC ended up shutting down.

the only change I've done recently is install a new fan on the top of the case.

CPU temps at idle are around 45-50oC - which would be ok except I have a few other newly built PCs idling at around 30-40oC - and those PCs use AMD stock coolers while this PC is using a DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400

I need advice on what to do as clearly somethings up with a piece of hardware I have, all components except the GPU have been bought brand new 3months ago!

My build:

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 (This was bought used)

SSD: Kingston SSD A400 Solid State Drive (2.5 Inch SATA 3), 480 GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 (Recently added in, changing from Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K8G4D30AESBK 3000 MHz) - Also have enabled XMP (Or how ASUS call it D.C.O.P)

PSU: Corsair RM650

Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
-M

Solution
Can you check and see which version of BIOS you're currently on for your motherboard? Also state the version for your OS. You should be on 1909.

thechickenadobo

Reputable
Nov 30, 2018
Just checked, my windows is on 1903 and my BIOS Mobo is on 0406 x46 (i checked this by going into the bios on boot)?

In the progress of updating my bios and OS now.

edit: successfully updated bios. Currently updating to windows 1909 now

Last edited: