Question 3 pause 3 beep from motherboard no display

Boot Room

Distinguished
May 15, 2015
I have i5-12400F cpu and ASROCK H610M-HDV/M.2 motherboard.

When i turn on the system every fan turns on but no display just the 3 beep sound and pauses for a second another 3 beep so 6 beep in total. system turns on normal after 3/4 tries when i adjusted cables tighter etc sometimes re-seat RAM if that doesn't work.

Couldn't find any info over this 3+3 beep sound. there is keyboard controller for 6beeps but that doesn't seems to be the issue. had no problem turning on PC for last 3 days though but still need to find this for long term. is this motherboard issue or RAM? i don't have another RAM to test this.

Lutfij

Titan
3 beep sound and pauses for a second another 3 beep
But it's 3 short beeps, correct?

The BIOS on your motherboard is AMI;
https://techspace.co.th/help/kb/apps/firmware/ami-bios-beep-codes
3 short beeps = A memory failure has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad

i don't have another RAM to test this.

Borrow from a friend or neighbor. If that's out of the question, then take the system to a local repair shop who have the ram for your platform. Buying parts to troubleshoot will be an expensive endeavor.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

You state being able to get POST, if you're able to get the system to fried up, and you have BIOS pending update, I'd advise updating the BIOS asap, see if that helps alleviate the issue.

Boot Room

Distinguished
May 15, 2015
3 beep sound and pauses for a second another 3 beep
But it's 3 short beeps, correct?

The BIOS on your motherboard is AMI;
https://techspace.co.th/help/kb/apps/firmware/ami-bios-beep-codes
3 short beeps = A memory failure has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad

i don't have another RAM to test this.

Borrow from a friend or neighbor. If that's out of the question, then take the system to a local repair shop who have the ram for your platform. Buying parts to troubleshoot will be an expensive endeavor.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

You state being able to get POST, if you're able to get the system to fried up, and you have BIOS pending update, I'd advise updating the BIOS asap, see if that helps alleviate the issue.

Yeah its 3 short beep and pause 3 short beep. 6 beep in total but with one second pause after 3. there is 2 new version of bios update available since i last updated. will update it soon.

i5-12400F, ASROCK H610M-HDV/M.2, Cooler master Hyper 212, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4, GTX 1650 SUPER, Deepcool PF550

Last edited: