[SOLVED] 3 questions about SSD's

Hi,so i will soon be buying a patriot p210 512gb SSD and use it as a boot drive and for windows and games,while having my old toshiba p300 1TB for you know,if the 512gb is to small for some games and programs.
So here are my questions:
-When i buy the new SSD,do i just plugg the SATA cable to my SSD-motherboard and the power cable for the SSD,do a boot and see if the SSD is recognized,or do i just straight up jump into bios with the SSD and a USB with windows,and download windows on the new SSD?
-Can i trust this guide
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDX7f6EcLA
?
-Are there going to be significant speed limits to my SSD,since my motherboard doesnt support SATA III (lenovo ih61m)?

If u dont have the time,just link me a trustworthy video guide on how to set up all these things
Thanks in advance

Solution
Install the OS on the SSD, with ONLY the SSD connected.

If your motherboard is only capable of SATA II, then yes, any current SSD will not reach its full potential.
It WILL be much faster than an HDD, though.

USAFRet

Titan

If your motherboard is only capable of SATA II, then yes, any current SSD will not reach its full potential.

Solution

nice thats exactly the response i was looking for.
So only SSD plugged in,got it.
Oh and 1 more thing,my mother has a 4gb usb stick laying around,do i need to buy a new 8gb one or will my mother usb do the job?

TRENDING THREADS