3 really faint green pixels on my screen

fargunift

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
I bought an Asus Rog PG248Q about 3 months ago and i just realized something is wrong with 3 pixels on my screen. When I select a completely black background I can barely see 3 green pixels. It is so faint that it could have been there all along and I just didn't notice. I managed to take an ok video of it but it's almost invisible to the camera. https://youtu.be/UHgEBEzr-F8 the *green* pixel is about 1 or 2 pixel above and left of the cursor (sorry for the vertical filming). This one is the brightest of the three. It doesn't look like much but it's enough to annoy me everytime there is a blakc sceen.

I'm pretty sure these aren't stuck pixels because they are way too dime and probably not a dead pixel too because they work fine on pretty much everything else. I was wondering if maybe the thing obstructing the pixel was broken or something like that, I don't know a lot about these things.

Thank you for your time and have a good day!

monitors often have pixels that get 'stuck', or that sort of 'die'...(it'd sure be nicer if they were merely black...)

It sucks when they are noticeable, and there is little that can be done about it...
SOme manufacturers cover a certain amount if dead pixels under warranty, often the number is 4, but, you can check your monitor's specific language on the issue in it's warranty. Good luck

fargunift

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017

Yeah, if I can't get them working after a few more tests, I might try to find what I can do with my manufacturer. thx