$300 for P4 EE?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
id like to know that too, i was assuming it was a friend, if ur buying it from an auction id say skip it, it isnt really worth the risk for such a small increase... but then again, u could make a 400 dollar profit...

Rustol3um

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
so where is this being sold?

online autcion or retailer?

I am in a Gaming Clan on the west coast and he is making it availible to any of his clan mates first or he will ebay it if no one makes him an offer... He won it at a Lan Party last year but for what ever reason has decided to part ways with the thing....think he may be going dual core..

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
lolz i agree, dude buy that for 300 and resell it... especially if its unopened.. its worth like 800 unopened, but if hes used it ull still get at least 600 for it, buy it, if it isnt as fast as u expect/think it should be for the money, drop that shiz and pick up... whatever u want for the extra coin u make

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
yea dude, its 725 on ebay for the same one, closed box tho, u can get 600 for it if u dont use it... but i think some1 said u can easily hit 4.2 on air

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
DVD is probably the most biased amd fan ever. it annoys me because there almost the same
thats it parlee you have pissed me off for the last time :twisted:

AMD
LIFE!!!!!

I ROLL IN THE HOOD OF THE A TO THE M TO THE D REPERESENT MY HOOD YO!!!!!

and your the most annoying dell fanboy i have ever met!

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
k spammer. im not a dell fanboy, ur just arguing over nothing and ur points arnt valid, u like amd but u dont even know why, u follow every1 else and when people prove u wrong u get ur other amd fanboys to help u out, ur what i like to call a pussy, why dont u do some research and actually read what my posts say, i told u im not a dell fanboy, i prefer to build my own computers, my dads bought 2 dells and i have a dell mp3 player that i got off a firned for 50 bux, its over 2 years old and works perfectly, the 1.8p4 runs just as well as it did when we got it over 3 years ago, i think, and the new 3.0 p4 runs perfectly fine which we got for a nice low price of 299 because it didnt have a pci express slot, that computer is used for homeowrk and browsing the web, since my computer doesnt have anything but games and music on it, i use that one for wordprocessing and it does it purpose, its never fialed me yet, u cant put down a company when uve never used their products, i know that the 3.0 runs hot, but its in a room where the ambient temp is close to 90 degress (it sits in a desk next to a pellet stove) and its never crashed, i guess taht proves that intels throttling tech works because i imagine its very hot in that cabinet. so do me a favor, before u post ur bs fanboy shit come with some facts, i am actually more biased towards amd, meaning i like them for u idiots, i prefer amd but i dont dis intel because amd is winning by 5% look how bad amd got beat in the past, im sure in intels conroe pwns amd by the 20% intels says, ull say "amd, wtf is amd?" until then, learn to post actual facts, u know we had a similar post number 2 weeks ago, and now u have over 1000 more, why dont u post posts that are actual worthwile instead of posting nonsense, now cmon and prove me wrong.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
is this the dell thread?

no

this is the P4 EE thread which i need a link to that clans website

take ur dell bs to the dell thread :)

thats right i pulled out Mr Green on u

Cunninglinguist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Dude, get a phucking clue, or just stop posting. Your posts are meaningless, pointless, annoying, and a general festering blemish to an otherwise polished community.
...and your
I ROLL IN THE HOOD OF THE A TO THE M TO THE D REPERESENT MY HOOD YO!!!!!
Reminds me of the opening scene in Office Space.

@parlee "Mooninites unite!"

Rustol3um

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
this processor comes used by my friend if everyone read the post I stated that I didn't know why he was getting rid of it but I thought he might be going dual core......so it is not in a box or an OEM it is actually used retail...but I am sure it is fine...

falsterbo

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
I know that the 955 is the only one with HT and Dual Core.
He is sitting on Socket 478 and that is outdated for a long time ago... What he needs is Socket 939 or LGA775 (Socket 775) or wait until the new AMD comes, but that will take a long time.

TheMaster

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Don't listen to fan boys, they told me my p4 was a piece of junk, but it still runs FEAR faster than my friends 3700+.
I think AMD pays them to post this bullshit. A video card and 2 gigs of ram will make more difference than upgrading a cpu.
Just OC that 2.8 to 3.4 and sell that 3.4EE, to sum chump.
Unless you're going for 4 ghz, you won't see any difference.
Wait till conroe comes out at least.
If you can sell it on ebay, do it and save the money for your next PC.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
my appologizes i thought this was actually a different thread where he was dissing dell because he has no reason... but im sure pretty much every single person in this entire forum would agree with me that dvd does nothing to add to the community and posts blatent lies and nonsense and helps noone in any way, he should be ban for posting biased bs with no proof to back it up, we call those types of people... stupid... i think, but i also agree with others that u wont see a big diff with the p4 EE, and since its sockt 478 or whatever its outdated, sortof, if he has the original box and fan and such try to sell it on ebay, i promise ull get a good profit from it... or use it and overclock to 4ghz and then you will see a pretty big performance increase from 2.8 or 3.2... if u dont plan on ocing that beast then u may be better off waiting for conroe or am2, waiting a few months then buying whichever is better, or wait until there released and get a 939 cpu for almost nothing, whichever suits u. maybe hell sell me that 3.2 :)

Don't listen to fan boys, they told me my p4 was a piece of junk, but it still runs FEAR faster than my friends 3700+.

But all other things are equal, right? Same vid card, same RAM, same timings on the RAM... otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges, dude. There's probably a few things he could do to get that game performing better on his setup.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Rust I would have to ask you a few questions first...

1) What motherboard do you have right now? (some are better than others at the OC thing).

2) What memory are you using? (same as coment above some better than others.)

If you have a nice OC capable motherboard and memory then it is quite a good deal. Even if it is a 478 it will work well for gaming. The EE allows the opening of the multipliers and the 478 can still support the 800FSB (mother board dependent too).

Also, Since this is a USED proc, how did the guy use it? If it spent its current lifetime in a heavy duty OC mode (likely given it is an EE and that is the reason most peole bought that proc for) the life of the proc could have already been shortened.

Just some food for thought... Same as buying a used sports car.... It could have been driven nicely the whole time but it is NOT really likely.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
big guns you say?

alright here comes the big guns

pengwinak8if.jpg

Rustol3um

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Rust I would have to ask you a few questions first...

1) What motherboard do you have right now? (some are better than others at the OC thing).

answer: MSI Neo 2

2) What memory are you using? (same as coment above some better than others.)

answer:Corsair XMS PC3200

If you have a nice OC capable motherboard and memory then it is quite a good deal. Even if it is a 478 it will work well for gaming. The EE allows the opening of the multipliers and the 478 can still support the 800FSB (mother board dependent too).

Also, Since this is a USED proc, how did the guy use it? If it spent its current lifetime in a heavy duty OC mode (likely given it is an EE and that is the reason most peole bought that proc for) the life of the proc could have already been shortened.

answer:If I know the guy like I think I do, he must have OC it....I know he had to of..

Just some food for thought... Same as buying a used sports car.... It could have been driven nicely the whole time but it is NOT really likely.

answer:very good points thanks