3000+ Ping Spikes

Jun 23, 2018
I'm having trouble with ping spikes. It makes playing League of Legends so frustrating that I've starting using my phones hotspot to play because there are no spikes when I use it. I have a wired connection with an average of about 20ms when playing league but will spike and freeze the game for a few seconds at a time. When I ping google in the cmd I get about a 10ms response majority of the time but will spike occasionally to 3000+. Spikes usually happen in quick succession and then don't occur for another 5 or so minutes. Can someone please try and help explain what the route of the problem may be.
https://pastebin.com/KR2ELdEy - A copy of a tracert and ping to google.co.uk.
https://pastebin.com/H4Eu6nhJ - This is a ping test I ran while I played a game
Thanks in advance.

Solution
It is really hard to find intermittent issues...and even harder to convince the ISP to fix them since they will say they can't see them.

No tool is really going to find this since none run long enough.

What you need to do is open a bunch of cmd windows and ping each hop in the trace continuously. What you are hoping to see is the hop that has issues and all the hops past it.

It is really bad that the ISP is hiding the first 2 hops after your router, those are the most common place for problems. Hop 2 is really important since it represent the first ISP router between your house and the ISP. All you can do is work with what you have.

Key will be to show that you have no loss or delays to your router but you see issues in...
It is really hard to find intermittent issues...and even harder to convince the ISP to fix them since they will say they can't see them.

No tool is really going to find this since none run long enough.

What you need to do is open a bunch of cmd windows and ping each hop in the trace continuously. What you are hoping to see is the hop that has issues and all the hops past it.

It is really bad that the ISP is hiding the first 2 hops after your router, those are the most common place for problems. Hop 2 is really important since it represent the first ISP router between your house and the ISP. All you can do is work with what you have.

Key will be to show that you have no loss or delays to your router but you see issues in the ISP network. It will still take some effort to get past the first level techs that think rebooting your pc will magically fix this.

Solution
Jun 23, 2018

Appreciate the response mate. I'll see what I can do but from the sounds of it I'll just have to deal with it.
Thanks