Question 3060 Ti/ 4060 Ti/ 6750 XT ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
in no way am i saying the 4090 is a bad card ( maybe the melting plugs scared me back at release ) its a monster no doubt i just cant warrant the cost after ive already purchased my 7900xtx..
if i get 2 years out of my $2000aud purchase ill be a happy camper .

DLSS seems like a myth to me and why even use it if you can get playable FPS out of a 4090 with out it !!

Then think what a 5090 will do without DLSS there is a limit to fps where it makes no sense to have more !

200 fps in a RPG seems a little over kill to me !!

imagine cyberpunk 2077 150 200 fps or 100 fps in path tracing !!
It is not a myth.
I can push my My Ryzen 5 5500+2x16 3200CL16+RTX3060Ti 8GB to 4K 40-50 fps in CP2077 Benchmark to 4K Ultra with Raytracing on Ultra(I may or may not have turned off all RT effects except for reflections.Cannot remember....or perhaps just Pathtracing was OFF)using DLSS Ultra Performance.
Without DLSS it is 5-6 fps.
With DLSS Quality 21fps
With DLSS Performance 32 with MASSIVE screen tearing.
With DLSS Ultra Performance(upscaled 540p I believe)45-50 I think.
Looks fine at cirka 2-2.5 meters distance.

Have not tested it within game though.
I have a problems with my right foot,I HATE playing with mouse and keyboard and my gamepads are not working most perfectly for a game I played maybe couple of hours,so I do not have much willpower to play.

I would need VRR certified cable just in case.
And in financial situation I am in,I am not in a situation to be in the mood of giving 35Euros for good cable.
And I DID some time ago purchase great ergonimic keyboard AND an MMO mouse with a lot of buttons for shortcuts , so I shall test it very soon even without VRR cable to just in case smooth thing out.