[SOLVED] 3060ti power got loose while mining

Dec 16, 2021
hi all, i have a problem with my mining rig, 2 pin from 6+2 power cable to 3060ti came loose while mining and the rig stopped working, i put it back on and the card but now it wont show up, even in my pc, the card wont post, it only twitches the fans a bit on power on, but wont post any signal... is my card dead??

Solution
Since the +2 pins are nothing more than grounds to tell the GPU that the cable is (allegedly) 150W-rated, them coming loose shouldn't affect anything other than perhaps the VRM shutting down.

It is possible that the GPU failed due to a gross violation of the power-up/down sequence: some transistors at the boundary between core logic and memory/IO/etc. may not appreciate Vcore disappearing while other rails still have full power. During a normal power-down, all 12V goes down at about the same rate, all voltage regulators cut off at about the same time and the only energy going through the chip if there is a power sequence glitch is whatever may be left in local bypass capacitors.

InvalidError

Titan
Since the +2 pins are nothing more than grounds to tell the GPU that the cable is (allegedly) 150W-rated, them coming loose shouldn't affect anything other than perhaps the VRM shutting down.

It is possible that the GPU failed due to a gross violation of the power-up/down sequence: some transistors at the boundary between core logic and memory/IO/etc. may not appreciate Vcore disappearing while other rails still have full power. During a normal power-down, all 12V goes down at about the same rate, all voltage regulators cut off at about the same time and the only energy going through the chip if there is a power sequence glitch is whatever may be left in local bypass capacitors.

Solution