[SOLVED] 3070 ti - general question on No Video issue

aelfswith

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I have a general question. I purchased an ASUS Tuf Gaming RTX 3070 Ti and had the issue where it showed no display on either HDMI or DP. I went through the different solutions I could find here and elsewhere with no change. The original 1070 works fine. Although it showed no display, BIOS would come up and display. ASUS support says it appears to be a bad card, and I have RMA'd it either way.

My question is would the card actually be bad if it will display the BIOS? Also, could the age of the PSU be a problem?

When the replacement comes in I may be back with a request for help if it does the same thing. lol

I9-1900K
Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite AX Mobo
G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (4x16)
WD Blue SN550 SSD for system drive
Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series PSU (2013)
Cooler Master CM 690 Case

Last edited:
Solution
BIOS doesn't need a GPU to show. (although some modern BIOS have complex GUI to work with [ Exception to these] )

This Quora Thread explains that the BIOS doesn't need any GPU to show
Also refer This Quora Thread too

If your PC Passes the POST (Power On Self Test) the Components attached to the PC (GPU included) are working fine. If it doesn't Output any display, but Passes the POST test; it means that there's something wrong with the Cards output ports (or other).

Note: the card itself is working fine, but the problem is that it doesn't give out display output, which obviously renders the card useless.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
BIOS doesn't need a GPU to show. (although some modern BIOS have complex GUI to work with [ Exception to these] )

If your PC Passes the POST (Power On Self Test) the Components attached to the PC (GPU included) are working fine. If it doesn't Output any display, but Passes the POST test; it means that there's something wrong with the Cards output ports (or other).

Note: the card itself is working fine, but the problem is that it doesn't give out display output, which obviously renders the card useless.

Solution

aelfswith

Distinguished
May 22, 2009

Interesting. I would think if the output ports did not work, you would not "see" the Bios screen. Hopefully the replacement works correctly.

Last edited: