Question 3070ti dropping frames

Jul 10, 2022
Motherboard: B660 GAMING X AX DDR4
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600 16GB x 2
GPU: TUF RTX3070TI 8G
CPU: Intel 15 - 12600KF

I have been having issues with my frames dropping while playing fortnite. Running it on ultra graphics it seems to dip in frames quite frequently. Sometimes it will drop to around 30 fps. Some matches the frames drop will be more severe than others. I will attach a video link here. My resolution is also set at 1920 : 1080. I also used userbenchmark test and the results I got are linked here. I reseeded my hardware to check to see if that was an issue but I still got the same results. I was just wondering if these frame drops are normal

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? For the sake of relevance, you're on BIOS version F4a, correct? What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with? You might want to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your driver with the latest version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jul 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? For the sake of relevance, you're on BIOS version F4a, correct? What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with? You might want to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your driver with the latest version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

The psu is a corsair RM850x the age of it is less than a few days. I just bought all my pc parts recently and this is a new build. I am using BIOS version F4a. windows 10 pro 21H2. I used DDU to uninstall my GPU driver and then installed the latest driver in a elevated command. It still has the frames dropping while in game.

Last edited:

Stephanie_Sy

Prominent
Mar 1, 2021
Also try to stress your CPU and GPU with different softwares, even unpopular ones cause actually what drove me to clear my CMOS is that I tired Intel Diagnostic Tool and at some point it crashes along with the old GPU driver, while other softwares do the stressing thing smoothly and with no issues.. so I started looking for ways to reset my CPU to its stock state and there things started..

Jul 10, 2022
Are there a lot of devices on the connection?

When running the test about three devices where connected to the internet. 2(phones) and this pc. On average days there are usually around 5-7 devices connected to the internet. I have a second pc and a ps5 and they both seem to run fortnite just fine. Another weird thing is that I did turn down the settings on fornite to low and I was still getting stutters that where less then 60fps (as low as ~30.

Jul 10, 2022
Also try to stress your CPU and GPU with different softwares, even unpopular ones cause actually what drove me to clear my CMOS is that I tired Intel Diagnostic Tool and at some point it crashes along with the old GPU driver, while other softwares do the stressing thing smoothly and with no issues.. so I started looking for ways to reset my CPU to its stock state and there things started..

I ran a lot of different stress test for my CPU and GPU. Everything looks to be running as it is supposed to. I did end up deleting all the files from both of my drives and changed back my BIOS settings to default. I than booted up a fresh version of windows from a USB drive. Unfortunately my problems where not fixed by this.

TRENDING THREADS