Question 3080 beeping noise on start up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 21, 2020
Any solution for the beeps problem?
I have same issue with my graphic card.
4 beeps at start and then everything fine.
No problems with DP or hdmi.

MSI Z370
RM650x
I7 8700k

Gigabyte 3080 gaming OC

mdd1963

Champion
Try disabling fast boot, and make sure a quick RAM test is enabled, which might give the card an added few seconds of init/self-test time)?

Maybe this card takes a tad longer to run an internal self-test , which might sill be running as the Z270 is then already looking for a graphics adapter....

In which case, you will just learn to like the 4 beeps....

Reactions: RtxOmbre
Sep 21, 2020
Try disabling fast boot, and make sure a quick RAM test is enabled, which might give the card an added few seconds of init/self-test time)?

Maybe this card takes a tad longer to run an internal self-test , which might sill be running as the Z270 is then already looking for a graphics adapter....

In which case, you will just learn to like the 4 beeps....

I called the store and an employee told me they know the problem and probably the ddr6x is not compatible with the motherboard. Wait for the bios update.

Sep 24, 2020
Not sure if this is everyone's case but i had the same issue. While searching i found one that mentioned CMS which is a legacy mode in this bios.

Seems like these cards do not like it and just want UEFI boot mode.

The main problem is that CMS is enabled by default thus when you install the OS you don't even notice.

To work out if that is your issue just type msinfo32.exe into (windows key + R) and look next to BIOS Mode if it says Legacy and not UEFI this might be your problem like it was mine

EDIT: Try disabling CMS mode in Bios and the beeping should stop.

Reactions: RtxOmbre
Sep 19, 2020
Not sure if this is everyone's case but i had the same issue. While searching i found one that mentioned CMS which is a legacy mode in this bios.

The main problem is that CMS is enabled by default thus when you install the OS you don't even notice.

To work out if that is your issue just type msinfo32.exe into (windows key + R) and look next to BIOS Mode if it says Legacy and not UEFI this might be your problem like it was mine

wow thanks for the tip

i just reinstall my window 10 with uefi mode
also turn off CSM option
and then my beep sound became normal

Oct 16, 2020

Amazing tip right here, I recently got a 3080 and not only the beeping was driving me insane every time on startup but demanding games would hard crash and restart my system, this solved both of those issues. Thank you!

My build:
CPU: i7-5820k
MB: Asus Rampage V Extreme
RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2400
GPU: Asus Rog Strix 3080 OC 10gb
PSU: EVGA Supernova GA 850w
(Upgrading my CPU once the new Ryzen gen releases and if it reviews positively)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS