[SOLVED] 3080 drivers keep crashing

Sep 10, 2021
I have had my PC less then one year, in that time i have never EVER had a single issue. No driver crashes, no BDOS, no crashes, no random restarts.
now the AC in my house went out and my pc never really gets turned off so i put it in sleep mode (maybe that shorted something when it was trying to start back up?)
all of a sudden "after installing the new NVIDIA drivers" when ever I play any video game, my monitors will randomly turn black, lose signal and will not regain the signal they lost or my computer turns off my card fans REV up to max then my pc restarts. this can happen 5 mins into a game or 3 hrs into a game.
I've run Furmark for 30 mins with no crash, I'v run Heavens Benchmark on max settings 3-5 times with no crash (maybe a DX12 Benchmark would help but i don't know of any Good ones). But the second i start a game like Classic Wow, Wow Private servers, LoL, SMITE my monitors lose signal
Things that iv tried
  1. I thought it might of been my C drive dying since it's the oldest thing in my PC (12 years old) so i did a clean boot of windows on a new HDD got new drivers and my monitors Still lose signal and never finds them again or computer restarts
  2. I though that it might of been bad Nvidia drivers so i used DDR to uninstall them and installed the last stable ones i used 466.77 (maybe there is a more stable driver would like to know)
  3. Iv tried under clocking my GPU clock by -50 and lowering the power to 90%, Still have the monitor issues or restarts.
Can someone help me to understand why this is happening all of a sudden i would really like to beable to play BF2042 and Dying light2 when it comes out. I will be happy to post a Dxdiag log i just really don't know what part to post
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 10GB XLR8 Gaming Revel Epic-X RGB Triple Fan Graphics Card
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
850 W power Supply
2 1080p 144hz monitors

Solution
I've never realy updated my motherboard before could you tell me how
you find your motherboard model information(invoice product link, manual, packaging, etc),
search for that model on the manufacturer's website,
open your motherboard's Support page,
and download latest BIOS, drivers, and any necessary Utilities available.
Sep 10, 2021
So i just ran a DX12 benchmark on ultra about 3 times, didn't crash, studder or anything
maybe not the Card?
Would a Faulty SSD cause this to happen, say if you were playing somthing off of a SSD and it failed would it shut off the card or what ever it is doing

Sep 10, 2021
I tried with one monitor and the monitor still lost signal and would not find it again after about 5 mins in BL3.
I can still hear the game, move in the game, the game is still up, i just can't see it

Consider that it might also be the monitor. I've had a couple with failing power supplies which do this. Replacing the power supply, or swapping with another monitor fixed the issue. So I do suggest at least swapping with another monitor if you can as a test.

Added note: The power supply feeding the video card can also be a problem. I've had 10 year old power supplies start this behavior, and the video card can be one of the biggest consumers of power. Similar to the power supply problems I've had power problems with monitors which have integrated power supplies. The electrolytic capacitors tend to go bad after some time (system power supply capacitors tend to survive much longer than do poorly designed monitor integrated power supplies). If the monitor has an external power supply, then probably it isn't something to worry about.

dwm.exe has an error and KERNELBASE.dll has and error
check around for others complaining about issues with Desktop Windows Manager(dwm.exe) with the latest Windows 10 updates.

i've seen it come up a few times in the past with others having issue with multiple monitors and split-screen emulation software.
usually leading to system crashes, screen freezing, and multi-monitor setups losing signal(s).

Sep 10, 2021
i guess i could try getting a new PSU what 1000 W model would you recommend
also the display drivers just crashed when no game was loaded BUT this crash was after 2 hrs (which is the longest it's gone without crashing since it's started)

Sep 10, 2021
Also when the card crashes it says in the event viewer Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. but i assume that just it saying the card crash

Sep 9, 2021
I have the exact same problem with my RTX 2070 Super. But sometimes the pc doesnt restart itself and i have to hard reset it. and i dont know where to find these driver crash reports so i dont know what exactly whats crashing...

Sep 10, 2021
Sorry for a VERY late post but i have an update
i got a new PSU a evga supernova 1000w
it was fine for the first few days but now it's back to crashing but it's crashing in a diffrent way,
in the event viewer before it was saying that the Drivers crashed and sucsefully recoverd (but the screens would stay dark)
NOW in the event when it crashes it says
Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x6be51595
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp: 0xc9db1934
Exception code: 0xe0464645
Fault offset: 0x000000000010be3e
Faulting process id: 0x390
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7acee4298942b
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\dwm.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 2dccde18-3ef9-454e-b2e7-b1881ccdaf87
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Like 3 times
then
Winlogon in session 1 (console) reuqested session stop using GPU, returned status STATUS_SUCCESS, with progress stage of successful
1 time

Is this still a hardware issue or could it be a software issue? i had read that WIN10 and Nvidia were having software Conflics with their most recent updates (more so on windows side)
any one got anymore ideas before i just give up and send the card in for a repair (if it is the card)

Sounds like a bad video card. You said you did a full clean Windows setup correct? Have you tried various driver versions? Have you tried it before Windows ran any updates? Install Windows, install nVidia drivers, install a game, test it. Make sure nothing is overclocked, and install the motherboard drivers as well, chipset especially.

OUTBURSTPAL

Prominent
Apr 23, 2021
I have had the exact same black screen issue you are talking about, but with an Aorus 3090. I managed to pretty much fix it by voltage locking my card. But my issue was right out of the box, so i'd assume your issue may be different if it never bothered you before.