[SOLVED] 3090 no display have no other gpu on hand

Netframed

Commendable
Jul 5, 2020
Hey guys i decided to buy a 3090 plugged everything in and get no display reading reddit abunch of people have this issue but No fixes, I’ve checked all cables the psu cord is plugged into a Lian Li rgb but this used to power on my 1080 gtx, now some say I have to install drivers but I got rid of the card so now Im stuck what to do

Solution
Assuming you have this:

2x PCIe 8-pin (adapter to 1x 12-pin included)

...only two 8-pin (usually 6+2 connectors) are used to attach to the provided 1x12-pin adapter).

Netframed

Commendable
Jul 5, 2020
Remove the 3090 and use the integrated video adapter. Make sure you have the most recent BIOS for the motherboard installed. Then try installing the 3090 again.

What is the specific make/model of the PSU?
Hey I don't have integrated graphics if I turn the PC on I get no display since I have no HDMI or dp to do so?

Gigabyte g750h psu
Someone mentioned I need to plug in all 3 8pin to the
GPU ?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hey I don't have integrated graphics if I turn the PC on I get no display since I have no HDMI or dp to do so?

Gigabyte g750h psu
Someone mentioned I need to plug in all 3 8pin to the
GPU ?
I failed to notice the specific motherboard model you are using. BIOS updates often fix new GPU compatibility issues.

Yes, you should connect all PCIe power connections on the GPU.

You may need to borrow a GPU to check the BIOS.

Netframed

Commendable
Jul 5, 2020
I failed to notice the specific motherboard model you are using. BIOS updates often fix new GPU compatibility issues.

I have 2 8pin cables currently from the psu to the gpu, do I put the 3rd one anywhere on the psu or does the psu specifically need 3 8pin connectors aswel

Netframed

Commendable
Jul 5, 2020

Ok I have 3 8pim PCI slots in the psu can I just plug all 3 8 pin in the psu and straight to the card?

Netframed

Commendable
Jul 5, 2020
Assuming you have this:

2x PCIe 8-pin (adapter to 1x 12-pin included)

...only two 8-pin (usually 6+2 connectors) are used to attach to the provided 1x12-pin adapter).
Ok so I got it working but the performance is abit low, do I need 3 direct 8 pin from psu to GPU? Right now i have 2 8pin from psu to GPU with the 3rd 8pin daisy chain ? Do I need a new psu