Question 32' 4k options - mostly work/regular use 12h a day + some ps5 gaming

nate12

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
UPDATE: I decided to go to 32 4k, not 34' as mentioned in the latest post.

So i finally build my new pc and decided to go without GPU for now and get new monitor instead. I dont play on PC, just Ps5 and i know that ps5 doesnt support 21:9 at the moment but i believe 34 is just much better for me for regular use and ps5 gaming is just a bonus.

Currently i use 6 displays. 4x24 inch monitors and 2 laptop displays. I need to have it like this so 2+1 on both work/personal use as i have to use one desktop from work. So 2 keyboards etc.

Decided to get rid of laptop and 2x24 as i am about to get this new pc and get one 34' instead. I trade, using a lot of charts, multi tasking, having many tabs open at the same time etc. That will be the main use.

I made a list of some 34' inch and would like to get some opinions about it. Something that will be good for eyes with 10+ hours per day. All of this are also good for gaming as i dont want just office display with high ms, low hz. Heard its even better for eyes to get higher refresh rate. Anyway :

iiyama GB3461 and 3467 - One is curved and one flat - think one of this are the main candidate right now. Flat is IPS and curve VA i believe.

LG 34WP75C
Asus Tuf Gaming VG34VQL
Gigabyte M34WQ

Asus and Gigabyte are overkill i think. I know Gigabyte is very high in rankings but i guess it will be about 25% more expensive than iiyama. The lg one is mediocre i think.

I was thinking about Samsung Odyssey G5 too but think that iiyama is better value.

Taking in mind i will have laptop display + 2 24' on one side, like one monitor above the other while 34' will be more like in front of me, i think flat iiyama actually could be better because there could be issues with the curved one while looking at the 24' that will be in line with 34'.

What do you guys think about those, maybe others? There is no rush for me at all with this so can basically wait for a good deal especially in coming weeks prior to Black friday/Cyber Monday

I was thinking about 32' too, especially because it would be better for PS5, but i believe 34 is better for my needs and multi tasking stuff and even though i played a lot some time ago my console is turned off for about year right now...

Last edited:

nate12

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
What is the make/model of your graphics card?

I might suggest that you buy a large 4k monitor or TV.
For trading, you can size charts as you wish in individual windows and arrange them as you wish in one place.

I dont have one at the moment, getting i7-12700 but will use iGPU for now. Many mentioned i dont need GPU at all, only if i need to connect 3+monitors so just figured i can wait with it and see if i am ok without one.

You mean 32' 4k monitor? I assume you mean mostly work here. If i wanted to get ps5 to the main room i have 4k 75' tv there but when i played in the past it was more like a fortnite,fifa a little bit competitive so higher level and i couldnt do that on big screens. Anyway its not gonna happen now so gaming is just a bonus so that i can play some titles time to time online. I also have 75' tv in front of me in the office but its older one, no 4k and used for sports mostly.

Here i will have 2 24's one above the other, on the left side laptop (all moved into left position) and in front i am thinking about this 34' ultra for regular things. Tabs, charts etc. I still use those on the 24's monitors but those has to stay as mentioned. I need to use work desktop as well.

So its 34 ultra wide or 32'. From what i read 34's is better for me. 32 could be if i play more ps5, but i assume sooner or later ps5 will be able to use ultrawide as well and ad this point its just a bonus because i havent played anything for good few months. Also saw that for decent 4k 32' with good refresh rate i will have to pay 2x as for the decent 34'

Thats why i am thinking more about 34'. Just looking for one that wont kill my eyes as i spend a lot of time in front of the screens. Right now in my office i have this 4x 24's, 2 17 inch laptop displays and 75' inch tv behind that.

So regular use, good for eyes, not the most expensive one and the one that will handle gaming if needed, most likely on ps5(i know ps5 doesnt support ultrawide right now). I might get a good GPU like 3070 Ti+ but right now i really dont think there is any point in doing it as i dont think i need GPU for anything at all and as mentioned ps5 is for gaming here.

nate12

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
I was thinking the LG 48" C type.
I use one, and it can display the equivalent of 4 monitors flexibly.
Here is a review:
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/48-c1-oled
It connects via HDMI 2.1 @120hz.
When I had to use integrated HD770 graphics in an emergency, it worked well.

Not sure about it to be honest. I still need to have 2 24's with laptop on one side and i have 75 in front of me at the wall so 48/42 can be too much.

I do think 34 is not enough i think. Probably best would be LG 38, the 950 one, but its so expensive... Not sure right now how to deal with it. It will replace 2 24's + laptop from the other side so actually might go with 32' and keep one old 24' or will wait until there is some huge deal for 38' during black friday or sth

nate12

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
So i changed topic, decided to go with 32' 4k.

I will have laptop plus 2x24 one above the other on the left side(both regular work monitors Elitedisplay e242) In the middle i will have this new 32' for most of the stuff i do daily and on the right side i will use that same 24' i have on the left side but i will put it verticall.

Now this new 32' will be mostly for daily use, as mentioned, tabs etc. Time to time i will probably play ps5 on it, but is very rare. Probably games like fortnite/call of duty/ sports games, online one. For the single ones i have 75.

I want to find compromise here and dont spend huge on the monitor. I know i want 4k, 32' and main question is about hz. Should i keep it at 60hz and stay with lower price or should i get 144hz. For work it wont matter much right, but i also want to have it most friendly for eyes as i will spend a lot of time in front on it, not to mention i have many other monitors too. Also will it be fine if i have 144 hz surrounded by 60hz?

I made a list of some and with higher hz i got Dell G3223Q and Gigabyte m32uc or u(whatever difference this is)

60hz are LG Ergo 32un880/88a and Ilyama 32 Prolite.

What do you think about those? Maybe something else? Should i go with 144hz or stay with 60?

nate12

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
anyone on this above? It will be 32' 4k as mentioned, its either 144hz for 60% more or 60hz. 3 24' monitors with 60hz will surround this new 32 with anyway so there is a question

Should i chase 32 4k with 144hz or save and stay with 60hz if all the others will be 60hz anyway?