[SOLVED] 3200Mhz Show only 2400Mhz

Oct 28, 2019
Hi, I bought DDR4 3200MHz RAM but in Bios there is only 2400Mhz, I had to manually change it to 2926MHz and when I want to add more (like 3000+) Pc won't start, is it normal ?

Solution
Double check for correct ram slots.
In your cpu-z shot it shows 1st slot.
That suggests your not in the optimum dual channel configuration which is 2nd and 4th slots working right from the cpu.
Hi, I bought DDR4 3200MHz RAM but in Bios there is only 2400Mhz, I had to manually change it to 2926MHz and when I want to add more (like 3000+) Pc won't start, is it normal ?

Hi, this is normal- DDR4 ram has a standard speed of either 2133 or 2400 Mhz (think of this like 'base close' on a cpu). The higher clocked kits are effectively 'overclocked' although they are supposed to operate at the speed they are advertised at that does depend on what CPU / motherboard you are using.

Most kits include an 'XMP' profile that sets up the correct timings and voltages to get the kit running stable at the advertised speed. I would check though your bios to see if there is an 'XMP' option listed? If yes, go into that and it will read the settings from the memory itself and that should get it running at 3200 mhz.

Note that not all motherboards support XMP- in which case you have to go into the settings and change them yourself (like you have). Just be aware that getting the ram running at its rated speed might require more settings than just the frequency. If you check your ram kit it should have all the ratings listed, including the voltage it operates at (note standard voltage for DDR4 is 1.2v however many high speed kits operate at a higher voltage than this). Also pay attention to the 'CL' rating- this is the timings- if you just change the speed but don't change the timing that might by why the kit is unstable. Again if your motherboard doesn't support XMP then you will have to go into the ram timings section and set the correct CL timings yourself.

Oct 28, 2019
So I tried

DRAM CAS LAtency 16
DRAM RAS to CAS Read Delay 18
DRAM RAS to CAS Write Delay 18
DRAM RAS PRE Time 18
DRAM RAS ACT Time 36
TRC 74

DRAM voltage 1.35V
3200MHz

And cant start the pc and so I have to go back on 2933 MHz

pic_disp.php

https://www.pugetsystems.com/blog/2018/06/06/2nd-Gen-AMD-Ryzen-Supported-RAM-Speeds-1175/

Reactions: Mikeeelele

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Was hoping that would do it. Have you updated bios since getting the board? If not, I would suggest updating the motherboard's bios as there would be memory compatibility improvements and afterwards load bios defaults.

Use a fat 32 formatted usb stick. Copy the latest bios version to it from Asus's support page for your motherboard.

Insert usb to usb2 slot. Boot to bios and look for Ezflash under Tool. Be straight forward from there. Bios will scan and validate the bios file before flash.

Once done reboot back into bios and load bios defaults so cmos is fully updated.

You have missing one line there.

DRAM CAS LAtency 16
DRAM RAS to CAS Read Delay 18
DRAM RAS to CAS Write Delay 18
DRAM RAS PRE Time 18
DRAM RAS ACT Time 36
TRC 74

DRAM voltage 1.35V

Thanks. Yeah, we discussed voltage earlier and didn't think to repeat it but did followup not to forget voltage. Is that the line you meant?

Oct 28, 2019
Double check for correct ram slots.
In your cpu-z shot it shows 1st slot.
That suggests your not in the optimum dual channel configuration which is 2nd and 4th slots working right from the cpu.
Dude, you are a god, i put it in 2nd and 4th and now I change it to 3200MHz and Pc is running, Thanks to you! and Thanks to all others, you are all great!

Reactions: cdrkf