32gb RAM crashes system

Videographer

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
Hi

Just upgraded from 16gb of RAM to 32gb

On boot I get a disk error and then a hung bios loading screen, so I went into the bios and loaded failsafe defaults, still got a disk error

Removed all 4 sticks of new ram and tried 2, they booted fine, then tried the other 2 and they are fine. Then tried the other slots with 2 sticks, and it booted fine.

Tried 3 sticks, and it hangs again.

Tried 2 new sticks with 2 old ones, system booted, then tried 3 new with one old and booted and then 4 new sticks and it booted!

So, I'm in Windows and about to download memtest, and suddenly everything crashed...
Reboot and I get BSOD
Reboot with my old ram and my Windows installation is corrupted...

I've now got memtest running with all 4 new sticks, but it's not throwing any errors. What is going on?

Sticks are 8gb 1600 10-10-10-27 komputerbay
Board is gigabyte z87-hd3 with latest BIOS
CPU is i7 4770

Windows 7 (home premium - looking to upgrade once the system is stable)

Videographer

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
All the new RAM is komputerbay
All the old ram is crucial

Crucial worked fine
I only mixed and matched to see if there was a particular problem going over a certain amount of RAM. The issues I'm having now are with all 4 sticks of Komputerbay

Videographer

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
Unfortunately not just coincidence. I hoped that was the case, booted into Windows successfully and now when I've rebooted I'm hung on the bios "gigabyte" logo again.

Powered off and powered on, and I can boot into Windows

What is going on

Videographer

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
Ok, the saga continues

The machine passed memtest86 and Windows memory test

But if I reboot the machine it hangs

If I shut down, then the machine powers itself up again

Is this faulty RAM or a Bios problem

I'd like to return them and get a better brand, but I need low profiles and these were roughly half the price of the nearest thing (got a bargain) so I'm trying to make them work