Question 3400G vs 3600X with GPU

grgery hzat

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hello,

I am looking to create a new AMD system from the ground up and need some advice as I've been out of the loop for a while. My old/current system is an I5-4670k with a Z87-Deluxe Dual Asus mobo. I purchased this system back in 2014 because I thought I would overclock and all that, but I never did. Most of my time on the PC is spent browsing, youtube and playing games from past generations. I play new games now and then, but mostly MMORPGS's or Steam early access stuff. So you might be wondering, "Why does he want an apu?", well I've had a graphics card die on me and troubleshooting other stuff has always made having the igpu in my current system a lifesaver. I like redundancy and not depending on just one thing.

So I've done some research but am not sure which way to go. Some information seems to imply that the AMD apu's have bandwidth limits that would create a bottleneck in the CPU if I decide to put a GPU in down the road? I was thinking of getting the 3400G and pairing it with a RX 580. Thanks.