[SOLVED] 3440 x 1440 monitor will only run at 2560 x 1440

Liyate2

Honorable
Jun 12, 2014
I just bought a 34" 3440 x 1440 Samsung monitor (LS34J552WQNXZA) and in the display settings the highest resolution I can set it to is 2560 x 1440. I have it connected to my 2060 super with a display port cable that was included with the monitor

Solution
I mean reinstall the nVidia drivers. Your resolution options come from your GPU drivers.
To summarize, good posts mihen 🤷🏽‍♂️😷💂🏽‍♂️ Firstly monitor drivers are something you don't need with WIndows 10. Secondly where are you going to change resolution. Try changing it from nvidia Panel and scroll down until you see that resolution and what not. Worst case scenario you can add the resolution, however it should show it. To not go through all the stuff above I suggest you TLDR 🙈

Try to run DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode then choose nVidia and do a clean and restart then in normal mode install the latest GeForce Graphics drivers from www.nvidia.com then go to display settings with a right click on desktop...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I mean reinstall the nVidia drivers. Your resolution options come from your GPU drivers.
To summarize, good posts mihen 🤷🏽‍♂️😷💂🏽‍♂️ Firstly monitor drivers are something you don't need with WIndows 10. Secondly where are you going to change resolution. Try changing it from nvidia Panel and scroll down until you see that resolution and what not. Worst case scenario you can add the resolution, however it should show it. To not go through all the stuff above I suggest you TLDR 🙈

Try to run DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode then choose nVidia and do a clean and restart then in normal mode install the latest GeForce Graphics drivers from www.nvidia.com then go to display settings with a right click on desktop and you should now see the resolution of your monitor in there. Let me know what happens. 😷🤷🏽‍♂️🙉👨🏽‍🦲🖐🏽

Solution

Liyate2

Honorable
Jun 12, 2014

Try to run DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode then choose nVidia and do a clean and restart then in normal mode install the latest GeForce Graphics drivers from www.nvidia.com then go to display settings with a right click on desktop and you should now see the resolution of your monitor in there. Let me know what happens. 😷🤷🏽‍♂️🙉👨🏽‍🦲🖐🏽
Thanks for your help. It turns out I accidentally switched the display port cables between two of my monitors haha

TRENDING THREADS