3570k vs 3770k for Gaming + multitasking

zqa20

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
So I currently own the 3570k and it's still doing just fine for solely gaming but for for some CPU intensive games, if i have twitch, twitter, a google search est. It hurts my performance a lot as it pegs my CPU at 100%.

So do you guys think it would help for gaming + multitasking if I "upgraded" to the 3770k?

I don't plan on doing a full upgrade on my PC for around a year or 2 when 4k becomes more accessible, so i was wondering. Should i upgrade to the 3770k if i can get a "good" deal on one?

A good deal for me is around the £80-£110 mark for the i7.

my 3570k is currently clocked at 4.5ghz

Solution
I have both, 3570k and 3770k. The i7 hands down is the better cpu for anything task related that'll soak up 4 threads or more. That includes MMO's, MMORPG etc especially on heavy drop servers as pretty much you will be streaming all of the other players info as far as location, position, spells and combat etc is concerned. That takes threads.

Guildwars 2, SWTOR, Neverwinter Nights, massive difference in playable fps between the 2 pc's.
Yeah the extra threads of the 3770k will help you in CPU heaving games. If you are streaming the 4 additional will be even more beneficial. So if you can find a good deal on one it wont be a bad move. But remember, not all games will see much of a boost, only games that require a lot of CPU horsepower, such as BF1.

zqa20

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
I don't stream, I just tend to have quite a few tabs open on my 2nd monitor which can hinder performance when I mmos. Saying that I'm still impressed what this chip can do 6 years after buying it.

I don't expect a boost in "max" fps I just don't want as big of a drop when i multitask while gaming.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

In that case, you also want to look at increasing ram. If you're running 8gb, try bumping it up to 16gb - new kit preferred - mixing sticks is not guaranteed to work.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I have both, 3570k and 3770k. The i7 hands down is the better cpu for anything task related that'll soak up 4 threads or more. That includes MMO's, MMORPG etc especially on heavy drop servers as pretty much you will be streaming all of the other players info as far as location, position, spells and combat etc is concerned. That takes threads.

Guildwars 2, SWTOR, Neverwinter Nights, massive difference in playable fps between the 2 pc's.

Solution