Question 3600x Overheating

Oct 6, 2020
About two weeks ago I blue screened while playing CoD: Warzone, and received a “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” error code. When I powered my computer back on I heard an audible “clicking” sound which I determined was coming from one of my CPU cooler fans. I didn’t have time to troubleshoot at that moment so I left the house and powered my PC off.
The next day I powered it on, and there was no longer a clicking sound, so I’ve spend the past two weeks using it as normal. I’ve played a few hours of warzone on 3 occasions with no problems.
Well, I play one game today, and my game crashes, I immediately think to open HWmonitor and see my CPU temp is currently 97c and one of my CPU cooler fans seems to be running really slow.
I power my PC off and back on and play some warzone games to try and replicate the problem and now my CPU isn’t getting above 66c.
I’m really not too sure what’s going on and would appreciate any help I can get with what might be going on.
System Specs:
AMD R5 3600x
Arctic esports 34 duo
MSI b550 Tomahawk MAG
G. skill Ripjaws V 3600 MHz
FE 2070 Super
860 EVO
EVGA 750w G3

About two weeks ago I blue screened while playing CoD: Warzone, and received a “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” error code. When I powered my computer back on I heard an audible “clicking” sound which I determined was coming from one of my CPU cooler fans. I didn’t have time to troubleshoot at that moment so I left the house and powered my PC off.
The next day I powered it on, and there was no longer a clicking sound, so I’ve spend the past two weeks using it as normal. I’ve played a few hours of warzone on 3 occasions with no problems.
Well, I play one game today, and my game crashes, I immediately think to open HWmonitor and see my CPU temp is currently 97c and one of my CPU cooler fans seems to be running really slow.
I power my PC off and back on and play some warzone games to try and replicate the problem and now my CPU isn’t getting above 66c.
I’m really not too sure what’s going on and would appreciate any help I can get with what might be going on.
System Specs:
AMD R5 3600x
Arctic esports 34 duo
MSI b550 Tomahawk MAG
FE 2070 Super
860 EVO
EVGA 750w G3
How are the fans conntors plugged in?

System Specs:
AMD R5 3600x
Arctic esports 34 duo
MSI b550 Tomahawk MAG
FE 2070 Super
860 EVO
EVGA 750w G3

I recommend either changing the fan you suspect as 97C is too high for the CPU if sustained. It seems like poor cable connection or bearings in the fan. Are both connected to the same header?

“IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” stop error usually occurs at startup and can be driver related so check in device manager if you have any suspect driver and update Windows if need be.
Sometimes the cause is your RAM so run memtest86 to eliminate that possibility.

It can also be corruption in your windows32 files so run SFC /SCANNOW in an elevated command prompt. SFC will check for corrupted files and attempt a fix.

Oct 6, 2020
I recommend either changing the fan you suspect as 97C is too high for the CPU if sustained. It seems like poor cable connection or bearings in the fan. Are both connected to the same header?

“IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” stop error usually occurs at startup and can be driver related so check in device manager if you have any suspect driver and update Windows if need be.
Sometimes the cause is your RAM so run memtest86 to eliminate that possibility.

It can also be corruption in your windows32 files so run SFC /SCANNOW in an elevated command prompt. SFC will check for corrupted files and attempt a fix.
Yeah, the fans are daisy chained together into the single cpu fan header
And the error threw after the pc had been on for at least 30 minutes, and I feel like I read that CPU overheating can cause it. Do I just buy fan replacements of the same model as is on it? Probably just got unlucky with the fans attached?

Best is to match with the one that's ok. If your fans are noisy when under load you can buy Mag Levitation fans that are much quieter but they cost about twice the price.
An Overheating CPU the cause of a fan running slow is very unlikely. Never heard of that.
The best way to tell is replace it.

Oct 6, 2020
You shouldn't have intakes at the back, the fan on the Noctua pushes air from the front of the case to the back. You're essentially counteracting the noctua's fans, keeping the warm air on the cooler.

Put 2-3 at the front as an intake, and the rest at the back exhausting.
I have 3 fans in the front as intake and no exhaust fans... I don’t understand what you’re talking about here