Question 3700X Overclock @ 4.4 GHz and 1.275V

Dec 22, 2022
Okay, I am putting some screenshots in here because I was reading things and got confused, and I wanted to ensure that this was safe and would not lead to degradation. I have reached 4.4 GHz with HWinfo showing Core VIDs @ 1.275 Maximum. This should be safe for a 3700X correct?

Okay, I am putting some screenshots in here because I was reading things and got confused, and I wanted to ensure that this was safe and would not lead to degradation. I have reached 4.4 GHz with HWinfo showing Core VIDs @ 1.275 Maximum. This should be safe for a 3700X correct?
tbh thats nice voltage on this clock, is it fully stable? like in cinebench?
mine 3800x could go all core with 1.275v just 4317MHz :/ (80watt PPT)

Dec 22, 2022
tbh thats nice voltage on this clock, is it fully stable? like in cinebench?
mine 3800x could go all core with 1.275v just 4317MHz :/ (80watt PPT)
So, that is part of why I was confused: it is super stable. I have run Cinebench 23 for an hour. Everything, I had seen made it seem like this was close to being impossible or that I was off. I believe I have some wiggle room to lower the voltage even a bit more if I wanted to try and fine-tune it.

zx128k

Reputable
Cinebench has no error checking and thus cant tell you if you are stable. A unstable overclock is one that causes errors. Sometimes this won't crash the program or windows install but will corrupt data and after a few days or weeks you will have a problem.

For example you copy lots of data from one hard disk to another and notice that many videos no long play because they are corrupted. Games will have strange bugs, saves will get rarely corrupted. Run a program to test stablity that has some form of error detection.

Will my 3800x it would appear stable in cinebench but restart the PC after 4 hours of memtest. The system would appear completely stable to me otherwise. Overclocking is fun, just be careful and test the cpu correctly after changing setings.

With a water cooling setup I had to do nothing for my 3800x to hit 4.4-4.45GHz in games.