[SOLVED] 3700x with 3600mhz ram, unstable past 4050mhz

Thebrycester

Commendable
Oct 13, 2019
Alright, so I have a 3700x, Asus TUF x570 mobo, trident z neo 3600mhz c16 ram. If I leave xmp disabled, with the ram at 2133mhz, the cpu hits 4.4 ghz no problem. Now if I enable xmp and get the ram up to the 3600mhz advertised speed, the bios locks my cpu speed to 4050mhz. Then using ryzen master to reset defaults once in windows, once the cpu goes over 4100 to 4200mhz, I lose signal, usb power, the fans max out, the power button doesnt work, so I have to flip the switch on the psu.

Now I'm wondering if theres just lots of fine tuning I need to learn and do with voltages and timings. Or it's a bad memory controller on the cpu.

Sorry for the stitched together info, if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it greatly

Solution
Alright, so I have a 3700x, Asus TUF x570 mobo, trident z neo 3600mhz c16 ram. If I leave xmp disabled, with the ram at 2133mhz, the cpu hits 4.4 ghz no problem. Now if I enable xmp and get the ram up to the 3600mhz advertised speed, the bios locks my cpu speed to 4050mhz. Then using ryzen master to reset defaults once in windows, once the cpu goes over 4100 to 4200mhz, I lose signal, usb power, the fans max out, the power button doesnt work, so I have to flip the switch on the psu.

Now I'm wondering if theres just lots of fine tuning I need to learn and do with voltages and timings. Or it's a bad memory controller on the cpu.

Sorry for the stitched together info, if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it greatly
I suggest you...

I suggest you test RAM first also make sure sticks are inserted in A2 and B2 slots.

Reactions: Thebrycester
Solution