[SOLVED] 3770K TPM

leonsk29

Commendable
Jul 3, 2020
Certain Intel CPUs include a firmware TPM. Does the Intel Core i7 3770K include a firmware TPM? I can't seem to find the info anywhere. Please help.

rgd1101

Don't
tpm is on the motherboard

check here

Reactions: SamirD

leonsk29

Commendable
Jul 3, 2020
tpm is on the motherboard

check here

I know, a physical TPM is on the motherboard, but I want to know if my CPU supports a fTPM.

An i7-3770K system CAN be compatible with Windows 11.
SOME of the motherboards for that CPU have TPM headers. AFAIK, you just have to buy a compatible TPM 2.0 module, enable it in the UEFI/BIOS (along with secure boot) and Windows 11 should work. Just check your motherboard manual.
I wouldn't do anything YET as requirements may change.
I know there are different TPM header types (20-1 and 14-1..) but I don't know if there are other requirements. Such as a specific module for Asus or whatever. Probably generic, but I don't trust Internet answers (I know I'm giving one).

Joseph_138

Distinguished
An i7-3770K system CAN be compatible with Windows 11.
SOME of the motherboards for that CPU have TPM headers. AFAIK, you just have to buy a compatible TPM 2.0 module, enable it in the UEFI/BIOS (along with secure boot) and Windows 11 should work. Just check your motherboard manual.
I wouldn't do anything YET as requirements may change.
I know there are different TPM header types (20-1 and 14-1..) but I don't know if there are other requirements. Such as a specific module for Asus or whatever. Probably generic, but I don't trust Internet answers (I know I'm giving one).
But does such a module exist that works with such an old motherboard? The ones that work with 8th gen and up motherboards, may not work with older ones. Each board manufacturer also has their own modules, so not all i7-3770 motherboards are equal. If it's a prebuilt, that also adds the complication that you have to figure out who made the motherboard and whether or not any of the modules that you might be able to buy today will work with it.

danbfree

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Yes, many Z390 boards of that generation supports TPM 2.0., you can do a web search.. I was surprised but my my i7-3770k on my Intel Extreme Z390 board installed Win 11 no prob and looks great for such an old system, I still use it as a Plex server...

leonsk29

Commendable
Jul 3, 2020
Yes, many Z390 boards of that generation supports TPM 2.0., you can do a web search.. I was surprised but my my i7-3770k on my Intel Extreme Z390 board installed Win 11 no prob and looks great for such an old system, I still use it as a Plex server...

I wasn't asking about motherboard support for TPM, but if the i7 3770K includes a firmware TPM (fTPM). It doesn't. And you installed Windows 11 no problem because preview builds don't check for a TPM.

noel_prg_la1979

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
MS remove the compatible windows 11 test tool.
it is still work in progress

and that Win11 compatibility check tool was restored and revised near end of August 2021 and is now available to everyone, including non-insiders in mid-September 2021.

And you installed Windows 11 no problem because preview builds don't check for a TPM.

that is not necessarily true as the later beta/preview W11 builds like 22000.132 and newer DO check for TPM during the Win11 setup phase - I know this because I downloaded one of those Win11 insider ISO images with build 22000.132 and tested the setup program myself - denies installation if there's no TPM found or disabled.