[SOLVED] 3900x CPU Post Error & Performance question

Jake Hall

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2013
1) Over the weekend I built my new computer. 3900x, TUF x570, and I have a CoolerMaster Maker 8 (Thing is huge)

I'm quite confident I did everything correctly and I've used it on my intel machine several times, but I got the red led error on post. I thought great, i broke something or applied too much pressure, something or another. I removed the CM and put the stock cooler on, booted just fine.

Any ideas?

2) I'm not manually overclocking anything. I got an amazing UserBenchmark rating. But after messing with the Autotuning feature and some other stuff with Asus AI Suite, I think i degraded my clock speeds and overall performance. I had to reload my defaults in the bios and it seemed corrected. But my userbenchmark still says it's performing below expectations. I prefer to set it and forget it, with automatic performance enhancements and such. I just want the best settings. Windows is set to Best Performance.

Last edited:
Solution
Maybe you could try to keep the case on its side and see if it turns ON with the CM cooler installed. If it does, then turn if OFF, put the case back up and see if its turns ON once again.

As for the performance issues, put back everything to Normal/Disable/OFF and/or set BIOS to default and Save and Exit.

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
It might have been that you had a bad mount on your cooler? That's my best guess considering a red LED indicates that your cpu may be overheating. You should try to re-mount your original cooler.

Jake Hall

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2013
The only thing different would be the mounting pressure of the CM cooler. Maybe it's too much weight and pressure for the socket? The pins weren't bent. Maybe the board doesn't like the weight. I'll try it again tonight.

Reactions: oldcracc
Maybe you could try to keep the case on its side and see if it turns ON with the CM cooler installed. If it does, then turn if OFF, put the case back up and see if its turns ON once again.

As for the performance issues, put back everything to Normal/Disable/OFF and/or set BIOS to default and Save and Exit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake Hall
Solution
I had a similar issue which turned out to be bent pins even though my CPU was booting but half my memory was reserved until I fixed the bent pins. You can run the CPU without a cooler for a couple of seconds to see if the CPU is functional, it won't hurt the CPU, Linus Tech Tips does that too. If you get a bios screen without a cooler then its cooler pressure.