Question 3960x or 4930k

litaidd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
I have a workstation that had custom software that was made for it using an x79 motherboard. I ordered the exact revision and everything that I had before but while consulting with the people that made the software for me they said i could use up to a 4960x. the chips are super cheap now so im just curious which one i should get. they are roughly around the same price from the sources that I have atm. I know most people here won't know the performance of the app performance between the chips but I'm mostly just looking at what I do on the side which is gaming. I just wanted to stress that simply upgrading to something brand new isn't an option here, if I did that I would need to pay anywhere from 10-20k to have the programmer rewrite/update everything. So having the same motherboard is critical.

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to parse the specs to your proposed build. As it stands, except for the chipset and the two processors, we don't know anything more about the system you're going to invest in.

Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I would personally ask you to see what the app you're working with. Is it for rendering? Can you compare the app to AutoCAD perhaps? Also, what currency are we talking here? Rubles, Rupees, UK Pounds, USD?