3D programs crashing randomly out of nothing without any information regarding why.

metselaarsam

Commendable
Aug 9, 2018
I have lately been experiencing alot of crashing on 3D applications. (mostly games)

These crashes come out of nowhere without any information given as to why they happen and what is causing the program. I don't even get the notification from windows that the program has stopped working.

These crashes happen completely random. One moment the application is completely stable, and the other it's gone. It boots up just fine, and I could be running the application or game for hours without any problem.

The only thing I've tried so far is updating my drivers, and I don't really know what to do next.

I don't really know what else there is to report here but my computer specifications

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70 ghz

RAM: 4 GB DDR2 ram 800mhz

GPU: I believe it's an ATI Radeon 4350, but it shows up on my computer as ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

MOBO: ASRock P43ME

Thanks for reading.

Solution
Have a look in - Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Events Viewer

See if there's anything in the 'error' or 'warning' lists that give a hint as to the problem. You can generally see a build up of repetitive errors over hrs, days, week, so should be able to tie the issue down.

If it points to drivers, perhaps Googling for any known issues with said driver version, or rolling back, if you're sure the old driver is there and was reliable.
Have a look in - Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Events Viewer

See if there's anything in the 'error' or 'warning' lists that give a hint as to the problem. You can generally see a build up of repetitive errors over hrs, days, week, so should be able to tie the issue down.

If it points to drivers, perhaps Googling for any known issues with said driver version, or rolling back, if you're sure the old driver is there and was reliable.

Solution