[SOLVED] 3D Rendering build using unused power supply ?

Cheka_

Honorable
Oct 19, 2016
Hi, I have unused 2 years old 1stPlayer BLACK.SIR 450w power supply and recently, I'm quite active on making 3d stuff, so I thought I would use that power supply to build a dedicated renderer and make a render farm like environment with my other 2 pcs. but I wonder if I should use a GPU or not for the build, since the PSU only have a 6pin PCI power cable and I read somewhere that the most powerful GPU with 6pin PCI power socket is GTX 1060 which I don't think it is worth. My budget also limited to $700-$800.

So what do you think, should I put a GPU (GTX 1060) and if so, what is the optimum CPU combination for it? or should I go all-in with CPU with ryzen7 5800x or i7 12700

Solution
I wouldn't trust that PSU to power anything. The only review I have been able to find of one of their PSUs is their Steampunk brand, which is their high end line. That hits the 80+ Gold efficiency but the only top quality capacitor is the main capacitor and all others are mid tier. Since this is their low end PSU, figure the capacitors used will all be junk. Pretty much if you cannot find reputable sites reviewing a product then it probably isn't good.
I wouldn't trust that PSU to power anything. The only review I have been able to find of one of their PSUs is their Steampunk brand, which is their high end line. That hits the 80+ Gold efficiency but the only top quality capacitor is the main capacitor and all others are mid tier. Since this is their low end PSU, figure the capacitors used will all be junk. Pretty much if you cannot find reputable sites reviewing a product then it probably isn't good.

Solution