3DMark 2001SE - Score High Enough?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Farnobious

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
My HD is a Seagate 7200RPM 40GB. Brand new, formated as a whole partition.
I am running Windows XP Pro with SP1 installed. (Its a retail version btw, i am well aware of the SP1 problem with a certain serial number)
My direct3d & opengl sliders are turned fully to Performance.
I dont understand what you mean by, "in 3dmark2001se build330 ??? remove, reinstall & run DEFAULT bench, do not fiddle with anything... what do you get ???"
I am running the latest BIOS and latest VIA 4in1 driver. Catalyst 2.4's ?
No I do not have a second graphics card. Just the Radeon 9700Pro in a AGP slot.

Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by farnobious on 12/02/02 05:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

billytronix

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
Are you running any background programs? Shut em off. Did you install and are you running the Giga-Byte easy tune 4? If you got that puppy running it will suck you way down. You oughtta be bustin 10,000.

Jackster
The future is what yesterday brought you today

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My best to date was 13068 3dmarks with 3dmark2001se (build 330) it is the latest version & it works properly with the 9700Pro... but that was on W98se... some people say that you get better scores when running this OS compared to XP...
I would agree as I do get a difference... like I get problems with GTA3 under XP, (eg I have had carparks being a mirror until I drive onto them, but hey that could be just the game...)

PS Overclocking my system would get me into the range of 14000 but I dont need that yet...

no-one shouts louder than someone who is being ignored, or in the case of techies, to be heard over the noise of their PC's ;-)

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Maybe it's a stupid suggestion but, do you have Vsync enabled? This will kill your scores as your monitor's refresh rate will be the bottleneck.

DIY: read, buy, test, learn, reward yourself!

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Ups, sorry for to much time to answer, I was out of town.

If I'm not wrong, when you configure the display properties, advance settings, in Directx tab and also in OpenGL tab, there should be an option about refresh rate that says: a)"always synchronize with monitor", b)"never synchronize" and c)"application selects".

Use the "never" option. If not, even if your GPU can achieve 120 FPS, the maximum FPS will be the refresh rate of your monitor (let's say 85Mhz, so 85 FPS). The logic behind is that you could see strange effects if both aren't synchro, so I recomend only disable the Vsync (for instance, means vertical synchronize) for benchmark purposes.

If you are sync and your GPU exceeds always the refresh rate of your monitor, you are cutting a lot in your benchmark, for sure!

Hope this helps!

DIY: read, buy, test, learn, reward yourself!

Farnobious

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
Thanks for that, though I cant locate the refresh rate where you are telling.

I recently ran a fault program and this message came up: "The video card does not have an interrupt assigned. All modern video cards need an interrupt. Even the older PCI cards works faster if an interrupt is used." What is this and how would I go about fixing this? Could this be something to do with low benchmark scores? I am using the Gigabyte F11 latest BIOS if the problem is located in the BIOS. Any information will be great and Thank You to all that have responded in past posts.

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
no idea, though i'd be interested in the answer

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>

nMiraf

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
check you power supply
check your frekuensi memory and chip [grafik]
check you grafik card in other system pc and test it
if not working you must compliment it to -[distributor your grafik card]