3DMark03 Score

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Can someone tell me if a score of 5763 in 3dMark03 sounds about right
for this system:

P4 3.0 Ghz
1 Gig Ram
Asus P4P800 Mainboard
9800Pro (128 MB; 256 bit bus)

Thanks!

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Brian" <rollinginownfilth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me if a score of 5763 in 3dMark03 sounds about right
> for this system:
>
> P4 3.0 Ghz
> 1 Gig Ram
> Asus P4P800 Mainboard
> 9800Pro (128 MB; 256 bit bus)
>
> Thanks!

Yes

In article <8974a2f8.0406191141.10dec058@posting.google.com>, Brian
says...
> Can someone tell me if a score of 5763 in 3dMark03 sounds about right
> for this system:
>
> P4 3.0 Ghz
> 1 Gig Ram
> Asus P4P800 Mainboard
> 9800Pro (128 MB; 256 bit bus)

Yep.

--
Conor

Dumb as a box of rocks...

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thats looks good almost same system here.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1020405

"Brian" <rollinginownfilth@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Can someone tell me if a score of 5763 in 3dMark03 sounds about right
> for this system:
>
> P4 3.0 Ghz
> 1 Gig Ram
> Asus P4P800 Mainboard
> 9800Pro (128 MB; 256 bit bus)
>
> Thanks!

"Brian" <rollinginownfilth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me if a score of 5763 in 3dMark03 sounds about right
> for this system:
>
> P4 3.0 Ghz
> 1 Gig Ram
> Asus P4P800 Mainboard
> 9800Pro (128 MB; 256 bit bus)
>
> Thanks!

I have almost the exact same system ( E-Deluxe tho) and
thats pretty much what I get

Thats interesting.

I assumed that the P4's were significantly faster than the XP's, but I get more or less this figure
with an XP2800, 1Gb (PC2700), 9800 pro. With the 9800 at the 'standard aggressive overclock'
(450/380) I get 6200. If I oc the processor, I can get up to 6350, but it doesnt really seem worth
it for the bother (I have to increase fan speed and that makes the rig a lot noisier)

Perhaps its because multithreading is not actually being used to any great extent in the P4s yet, so
the practical differences between the P4 and XP processors are not as high as advertised?

This is not a my computer is better than yours rant btw, just that I am trying to decide between a
fast p4 P4 and another XP as part of a second rig (to be bought when PC Express and 64 bit have made
the current technology dirt cheap :)

Sham B wrote:
> Thats interesting.
>
> I assumed that the P4's were significantly faster than the XP's, but I get more or less this figure
> with an XP2800, 1Gb (PC2700), 9800 pro.

What's an 'XP2800'?

Jeff B

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message

> Sham B wrote:
> > Thats interesting.
> >
> > I assumed that the P4's were significantly faster than the XP's, but I
get more or less this figure
> > with an XP2800, 1Gb (PC2700), 9800 pro.
>
> What's an 'XP2800'?
>
> Jeff B

AMD Athlon XP processors. 2800+ and 3200+ are the last highest end of
AMD's sweet gem. AMD Athlon 64-bit CPU's are out now, and have gained a lot
of ground with performance against intel's P4 line.

Sean wrote:
> "jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message
>

>>Sham B wrote:
>>
>>>Thats interesting.
>>>
>>>I assumed that the P4's were significantly faster than the XP's, but I
>
> get more or less this figure
>
>>>with an XP2800, 1Gb (PC2700), 9800 pro.
>>
>>What's an 'XP2800'?
>>
>>Jeff B
>

> AMD Athlon XP processors. 2800+ and 3200+ are the last highest end of
> AMD's sweet gem. AMD Athlon 64-bit CPU's are out now, and have gained a lot
> of ground with performance against intel's P4 line.

Clock speed is an implementation detail that can't be directly compared
between two different
designs. The only thing that makes since is comparing
performance vs price.

Jeff B